BASF, one of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world, is calling on suitable applicants to submit their application and possibly qualify for its Production Trainee Programme in South Africa for 2022. Interested? Take a moment to review the programme’s minimum qualification requirements and see if you’re eligible to apply.
With its headquarters in Germany, BASF SE is made up of various joint ventures and subsidiaries across more than 80 countries. As a multinational chemical company and considered as one of the largest in the world, it operates close to 400 production sites in Europe, the Americas, Australia, Asia, and Africa. BASF serves customers in more than 190 countries and provides products a variety of industries. Toward the end of 2019, BASF had an employee population of 117,628 and with sales amounting to €59.3 billion
BASF SA Production Trainee Programme
The role is based in BASF’s Durban site where the successful candidate will be part of the Production Team. Here, the trainee will gain hands-on experience in challenging work environment and will be performing the following tasks:
- Ensure all maintenance tasks within the department are carried out in the most timely manner and with desirable results
- Maintain a healthy, safe, and clean working environment compliant with the EHSQ Policy and the OSH Act
- Ensure appropriate placement of raw materials on the production floor
- Ensure filled products are quality control approved
- Move finished products and raw materials using forklift
- Conduct routine plant inspections during shifts
- Provide assistance with maintaining high safety standards and housekeeping in the work area
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of protective equipment and all other equipment
- Make sure monthly productivity improvement goals are met
- Perform other additional tasks within the scope of the role and as needed
- Comply with all BASF procedures and guidelines
Who should apply?
Candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science
- Holds at least an NQF Level 2 theory for Chemical Operators (with outstanding practical training component)
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
How do I apply?
You will need to register your profile on BASF’s careers portal to be able to apply. Click the link below to get started:
Important: Be sure to prepare a 2-page CV and full transcript/academic records for the application.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 04 January 2022.
For enquiries, click here, choose Contact Forms, then click on Working at BASF. Fill out the contact form and hit Submit.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the BASF Production Trainee Programme 2022 advert.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.