British American Tobacco (BAT) is inviting all interested parties to apply for its Fitting and Turning Apprenticeship Programme for 2020.
British American Tobacco is a multi-national company engaged in the manufacture of cigarettes and tobacco products. Headquartered in London, UK, it is considered by industry experts as the biggest publicly traded tobacco maker in the world.
With a market-leading position in more than 50 countries, BAT operates in about 180 countries. In 2018, the company reported a net annual income of over USD31 million.
British American Tobacco Fitting and Turning Apprenticeship
As a Tobacco Fitting and Turning apprentice, the successful applicant is expected to acquire the essential skills, experience and knowledge to grow as an effective Artisan (Mechanical).
The duties and responsibilities of the apprentice are as:
- Provide support to artisans as they do practical modules
- Acquire the needed skills to successfully perform tasks of a proficient artisan (instrumentation/mechanical)
- Be able to provide evidence of progress
- Exhibit competence in accordance with the AgriSera curriculum
Who should apply?
Candidates who meet the following minimum requirements are highly encouraged to apply:
- Holds an N2 – Technical or Mechanical matric or any relevant trade subjects
- Able to work under pressure with speed and accuracy
- Physically fit and manually agile
- Good problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn new concepts and ideas
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work in and contribute to team efforts
- Good eye for details
What is the selection process?
The Recruitment Team at BAT employs a number of steps through its application process in order to hire the best applicants:
- Uploading of application form
- A culture questionnaire is administered to determine the applicant’s inherent values
- Cognitive tests to determine the applicant’s numerical and verbal skills
- A phone interview to introduce the position and salary expectation
- A Leadership Preference Questionnaire to assess leadership potential
- A face-to-face interview is done for applicants to showcase their skills and knowledge
- Applicants undergo the Assessment Centre to their skills in action
How do I apply
Applicants who are eligible to apply and wish to push through with the application process will need to register their profile on the company’s recruitment page. Click here to start the process.
The deadline for submission of applications has not been set as of this writing.
Click the link to access a PDF copy of the British American Tobacco Fitting and Turning Apprenticeship 2020 advert.