The British American Tobacco of South Africa is inviting high caliber individuals to send in their applications to its Legal and External Affairs Graduate Programme for 2019.
British American Tobacco is a multi-national company engaged in the manufacture of cigarettes and tobacco products. Headquartered in London, UK, it is considered by industry experts as the biggest publicly traded tobacco maker in the world.
With a market-leading position in more than 50 countries, BAT operates in about 180 countries. In 2018, the company reported a net annual income of over USD31 million.
BAT’s Legal and External Affairs Global Graduate Programme
The BAT South Africa Legal and External Affairs (LEX) Global Graduate Programme runs for a duration of 12 months. It is a dynamic and fast-paced graduate programme towards a management position. Moreover, successful applicants will gain exposure to international markets and will be based in BAT’s Pretoria office.
The LEX graduate programme offers the following:
- Exceptional corporate and commercial skills development
- Clear understanding of British American Tobacco’s corporate functions
- Learn how to navigate challenging markets and complex projects in an equally controversial industry
- Collaboration with BAT South Africa’s talented Legal and External team
- Top tier leadership training at the British American Tobacco Academy in London
The BAT Legal and External Affairs Global Graduate Programme offers an opportunity for selected applicants to work through a management level role in a span of 12 months.
Requirements or Eligibility
- Completed at least a 3-year tertiary level degree in Economics, Media, Political Science, International Relations, Business or other relevant fields of study
- Must have an outstanding academic record
- Fresh graduates, as well as working professionals with a maximum of two years of experience
- Amenable to relocate or travel to the location of the programme
- High interest in entrepreneurship a definite plus
- Proficient written and spoken English
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office software
- Effective negotiation, team building and interpersonal skills
- Able to easily adapt to various scenarios as well as work independently
- Self-motivated, results driven and energetic
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to set up an account at BAT’s careers page. Click the link below to start the application process.
Upon completing the application form, use the job code 17974 to instantly find the job advert.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 May 2018.
Cape Town Head Office:
+27 21 003 6500
View the job advert via the link below: