BDO South Africa is currently in need of recent accounting graduates to fill its Audit Accounting Traineeship programme for the 2021 financial year.
BDO, or Binder Dijker Otte, is a global network of firms providing tax, public accounting, business advisory and consulting services. As of 2018, BDO is made up of a network of member firms operating in 162 countries and employing more than 80,000 individuals. The company raked in $9 billion in global revenues in 2018.
In South Africa, BDO has operations in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Stellenbosch, Pretoria, and Port Elizabeth. BDO South Africa employs 1,400 professionals.
BDO SA: Accountant Traineeship 2020 (SAICA)
The BDO South Africa Accounting Traineeship (SAICA) Programme is a three-year training contract where the successful applicants will have the opportunity to learn all the required SAICA skill set to pass the APC qualification to become a registered Chartered Accountant.
As an Accountant Trainee at BDO South Africa, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- Conduct audit procedures while working side by side the Audit Team
- Be answerable to the auditor in charge of performing designated tasks
- Inform auditor in charge of progress including any issues or problems encountered during the course of the work while making sure these are all documented and resolved with the Firm’s guidelines, policies and procedures
In addition, the Audit Accounting Trainee will have the opportunity to experience:
- Extensive exposure to various sectors
- Extensive exposure to different categories of clients
- Work with management and clients
- Transparency with managers and partners
Who should apply?
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must hold an honour’s degree, CTA, PGDA or any equivalent qualification obtained from a higher education institution recognized by SAICA
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the basic requisites of the programme will need to sign up on the BDO recruitment portal. Click here to get started.
The job code is 474 – use to easily locate the programme advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For further enquiries about the BDO SA Audit Accounting Traineeship, click here and fill out the form:
Click the link to view the BDO SA: Accountant Traineeship (SAICA) programme 2021 advert.
- How long will it take to complete this traineeship programme?
The training programme runs for a duration of 36 months.
- Where will the traineeship take place?
The successful candidate will be attending the traineeship in BDO South Africa’s Menlyn offices in Pretoria.