BDO South Africa is calling on qualified individuals to apply for its CA Bursary Programme for 2019. BDO (Binder Dijker Otte) is a global network of firms providing tax, public accounting, business advisory and consulting services. As 2017, BDO is made up of a network of member firms operating in 162 countries employing about 74,000.
BDO CA(SA) Bursary Programme 2019
The BDO CA (SA) Bursary Programme awards financial assistance to candidates who are academically strong and are intending to pursue a CA(SA) degree. The selected candidate will agree to attend a training programme in the BDO office that provides the bursary.
The bursary is award in full or half, depending on the academic performance and availability of financial resources. Bursary coverage includes tuition fee, book expenses and registration fees for each year of study.
Permanent employment will be based on performance during the obligatory learnership period that follows once the bursar graduates from the course.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must satisfy the following basic criteria to be considered into the bursary programme:
- Studying a SAICA-recognized programme in a recognized university. SAICA stands for South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Not signed up with other professional service providers in order to CA training contract
- Not receiving any other bursary, financial assistance or scholarship award which includes employment or training obligations
- Must commit to a CA(SA) study (Accounting and Auditing Major)
- Obtained at least B in Mathematics (except Maths Literacy)
- Obtained a B or higher in English Home Language (or as first language)
- Proof of admission to a SAICA-recognized university for the CA study
- Must agree to complete a psychological assessment
For university students
- Obtained at least 70% in Accounts I
- Obtained at least 65% in Accounts II
- Bursary support will continues based on meeting minimum requirements set by the university
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can apply by registering an account on BDO South Africa’s careers page. Click on the link below to get started:
Opening and Closing Date
The BDO CA(SA) Bursary Programme processes applications all throughout the year. Due to large volumes of applications, you may expect to receive by the end of the year.
If you wish to know more about BDO South Africa and how it is to work for the company, click on the link below: