BDO South Africa is currently in need of qualified graduates to send in their application and qualify for its Financial Planner Traineeship Programme.
BDO, or Binder Dijker Otte, is a global network of firms providing tax, public accounting, business advisory and consulting services. As of 2018, BDO is made up of a network of member firms operating in 162 countries and employing more than 80,000 individuals. The company raked in $9 billion in global revenues in 2018.
In South Africa, BDO has operations in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Stellenbosch, Pretoria, and Port Elizabeth. BDO South Africa employs 1,400 professionals.
BDO Financial Planner Traineeship Programme 2021
The successful candidates will become part of BDO’s Financial Planning and Wealth Management Team as Wealth Advisors – Financial Planner Trainees. Moreover, the incumbents will receive coaching from the company’s certified Financial Planner professionals as part of the BDO mentorship programme.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy the minimum admission requirements to get considered for the programme. These minimum requirements are as follows:
- Must hold a BLaw of BCom qualification or
- Holds a BCom Honour’s or postgraduate qualification in Financial Planning
- Must qualify to write a CFP competency board examination in 2021
- Possesses high emotional intelligence
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and methodical
- Keen attention to details
- Knows how to prioritize tasks
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
What is the selection process?
The selection of candidates will be done in line with BDO’s Employment Equity policy. Application feedback will be limited to shortlisted applicants.
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum requisites for admission to the training programme, register an account on BDO’s recruitment page. Also, be sure to have the below-supporting documents ready as these will be uploaded during the application process:
- Comprehensive, up-to-date CV
- Tertiary education transcript
- Certificate of matric.
- Letter of motivation stating your reason for wanting to be a CFP professional
Click here to access the account registration page. If you already have an account, go ahead and log in to apply.
Deadline for submission of applications is set on 31 October 2020.
Click here if you wish to know more about how it is to work at BDO South Africa.
Please click on the link to view the BDO Financial Planning Trainee Programme 2021.