BDO South Africa is currently inviting recent accounting graduates to submit an application and qualify for its Financial Services Technology Traineeship programme for its 2021 intake.
BDO, or Binder Dijker Otte, is a global network of firms providing tax, public accounting, business advisory and consulting services. As of 2018, BDO is made up of a network of member firms operating in 162 countries and employing more than 80,000 individuals. The company raked in $9 billion in global revenues in 2018.
In South Africa, BDO has operations in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Stellenbosch, Pretoria, and Port Elizabeth. BDO South Africa employs 1,400 professionals.
BDO SA Financial Services Technology Traineeship Programme
BDO South Africa is looking to fill one (1) vacancy for its Junior Analyst position as part of its Financial Services Technology group. The successful candidate will need to learn and test essential IT controls relevant to financial reporting with the aim of developing innovative audit solutions.
As a Junior Analyst, the duties and responsibilities of the successful candidates include, but are not limited to:
- Testing general information tech controls
- Testing application controls
- Analyzing info systems data to determine accuracy, timeliness and completeness of transaction processing
- Developing a good understanding of the clients’ business and establishing risks and controls
- Providing technical assistance to Engagement auctions where audits are performed using computers
- Developing and furthering data analysis knowledge using IDEA
- Gaining knowledge in IT risk management, governance concepts and best practices
Who should apply?
These minimum requirements must be satisfied in order to be considered eligible to apply for the graduate programme:
- Holds a degree in BCom Information Systems or Informatics, BSc in Computer Science or BCom Internal Audit or any equivalent study
- Able to obtain Honours degree related to the aforementioned degrees is a definite advantage
- Preferably knowledgeable in COBIT, ISO270001-2, ITIL and other IT framework
- Must be studying towards or intending to obtain a CISA or Certified Information Systems Auditor qualification
- Passionate about emerging technologies e.g. IoT, machine learning, AI and robotics
- Highly professional with a strong client orientation
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to interact with all levels within the organization
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to submit an application will need to create an account on the BDO careers page. Click here to start the application process.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For enquiries about this traineeship, click here and fill out the form.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the BDO SA Financial Services Technology Traineeship Programme 2021 advert.