BDO South Africa is calling on qualified graduates to submit an application and qualify for its Audit Trainee Programme for its 2021 intake. Read on and get more details about this trainee programme before submitting an application.
BDO, or Binder Dijker Otte, is a global network of firms providing tax, public accounting, business advisory and consulting services. As of 2018, BDO is made up of a network of member firms operating in 162 countries and employing more than 80,000 individuals. The company raked in $9 billion in global revenues in 2018.
In South Africa, BDO has operations in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Stellenbosch, Pretoria, and Port Elizabeth. BDO South Africa currently employs close to 1,400 professionals.
BDO IT Audit Trainee Programme 2021
The successful candidate will be part of BDO South Africa’s Technology Advisory Division in Johannesburg and will be reporting directly to the Senior Manager. The duties and responsibilities of the Audit Trainee include, but are not limited to:
- Review IT general computer controls
- Review application controls and noticeable knowledge of expenditure, revenue, payroll and inventory systems
- Asses and ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy of a transaction by analyzing information systems
- Develop sufficient knowledge of clients’ businesses including determining risk and controls
- Establish knowledge pf data analysis utilizing ACL or IDEA
- Provide technical assistance to Engagement auditors in computer-aided audit methods (i.e. CAATS)
- Gain adequate expertise in project management controls
- Acquire knowledge of IT governance concept and risk management, best practice frameworks, ISO27001-2, ITIL, and other models
BDO South Africa’s Cape Town offices is also in need of suitable applicants to join its Financial Services Technology Junior Analyst. The same minimum requirements and job responsibilities apply.
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, applicants need to satisfy the programme’s minimum requirements listed below:
- Holds a BCom qualification in Information Systems or Computer Science, or BCom in Internal Audit, Information Systems or Internal Audit
- Must be currently pursuing or intending to pursue a Certified Information Systems Auditor qualification
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Possesses a keen attention to detail
- Able to set priorities and manage stress effectively
- Focused on completing tasks and delivering results
- Comfortable working within all levels across the organization
What is the selection process?
The selection process will be carried out in line with BDO’s current Employment Equity Policy.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to move forward to the application process will need to register an account on BDO’s online recruitment portal. Click here to start the process.
Financial Services Technology Junior Analyst applicants are required to register an account here.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 31 October 2020.
For the Financial Services Technology Junior Analyst position, the deadline is on 30 October 2020.
For more information about the application process, click here.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the BDO SA IT Audit Trainee Programme 2021 advert or the Financial Services Technology Junior Analyst Trainee (Cape Town) Programme 2021 advert.