BDO South Africa is calling on suitable graduates to qualify for its SAIT (South African Institute of Tax Professionals) Tax Trainee Programme for its 2022 intake. Be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
BDO, or Binder Dijker Otte, is a global network of firms providing tax, public accounting, business advisory and consulting services. As of 2018, BDO is made up of a network of member firms operating in 162 countries and employing more than 80,000 individuals. The company raked in $9 billion in global revenues in 2018.
In South Africa, BDO has operations in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Stellenbosch, Pretoria, and Port Elizabeth. BDO South Africa currently employs close to 1,400 professionals.
BDO SA SAIT Tax Trainee Programme 2022
The successful candidate will be part of BDO’s team of tax trainees for the length of the 3-year SAIT-registered trainee programme, during which the incumbent will get hands-on experience and extensive exposure by fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities:
- Processing tax payer registration, calculating tax liabilities, finalizing income tax, VAT returns and payroll tax
- Analyzing and/or auditing tax balances
- Writing tax reports and opinions
- Demonstrating ethical and professional conduct within a tax environment
- Registering tax payers and finalizing payroll and income tax as well as VAT returns within a private tax practice
- Checking registered tax payers and determining potential audits/examination
- Processing ADR forms for payroll and income taxes. and VAT
- Creating tax opinions on tax disputes, investment and estate planning, and business models
- Draft articles and VDP applications including memos and responses
Who should apply?
Applicants need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements in order to qualify for consideration:
- A graduate of, or currently pursuing a BCom Honours in Taxation or its equivalent
- Possesses a strong knowledge tax laws and legislation
- Able to effectively manage stressful situations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to deliver quality results either independently or as part of a team
- Knows how to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Focused on delivering results and completing tasks
- High level of social awareness and be a contributing member to a diverse team
- Innovative and eager to share knowledge of novel ways of working
How do I apply?
BDO SA: SAIT Tax Trainee Programme 2022
Be sure to have soft copies of the following documents ready when applying:
- Updated CV
- Identity documents
- Copy of Matric certificate
- Academic records
Note: Make sure to populate the fields in the salary section even if you are not earning a salary as the system requires it move forward. Simply input a string of random numbers to move on to the next step.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information, get in touch with BDO South Africa via their Contact Us page.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the BDO SA SAIT Tax Trainee Programme 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.