BDO South Africa is calling on suitably qualified graduates to submit an application and qualify for its SAIT (South African Institute of Tax Professionals) Tax Trainee Programme for its 2021 intake. Read on and get more details about this trainee programme before submitting an application.
BDO, or Binder Dijker Otte, is a global network of firms providing tax, public accounting, business advisory and consulting services. As of 2018, BDO is made up of a network of member firms operating in 162 countries and employing more than 80,000 individuals. The company raked in $9 billion in global revenues in 2018.
In South Africa, BDO has operations in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Stellenbosch, Pretoria, and Port Elizabeth. BDO South Africa currently employs close to 1,400 professionals.
BDO SA SAIT Tax Trainee Programme 2021
The successful candidate will be part of BDO Port Elizabeth’s Tax team. During this SAIT-registered traineeship, the incumbent will get hands-on experience and extensive exposure through the following duties and responsibilities:
- Processing tax payer registration, calculating tax liabilities, finalizing income tax, VAT returns and payroll tax
- Analyzing and/or auditing tax balances
- Writing tax reports and opinions
- Exhibit ethical and professional conduct within a tax environment
- Registering tax payers and finalizing payroll and income tax as well as VAT returns within a private tax practice
- Checking registered tax payers and determining potential audits/examination
- Processing ADR forms for payroll and income taxes. and VAT
- Create tax opinions on tax disputes, investment and estate planning, and business models
Who should apply?
Applicants need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements in order to qualify for consideration:
- Holds an Honours qualification in Taxation or
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree and H. Dip tax
What is the selection process?
The selection process will be carried out in line with BDO’s current Employment Equity Policy.
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants who wish to submit an application will need to register a profile on the BDO recruitment page. Click here to start the process.
Be sure to have soft copies of the following documents ready when applying:
- Updated CV
- Identity documents
- Academic records
Note: Make sure to populate the fields in the salary section even if you are not earning a salary as the system requires it move forward. Simply input a string of random numbers to move on to the next step.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 31 October 2020.
For more information about the application process, click here.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the BDO SA SAIT Tax Trainee Programme 2021 advert.