Carpet and artificial grass manufacturer, Belgotex, is currently accepting applications for its SHE Internship intake for 2023 at its Pietermaritzburg location. If you’re interested in the role, be sure to go over the basic qualification and skill requirements before applying.
As one of Africa’s well-known carpet and artificial grass manufacturers and distributors, Belgotex offers world-class broadloom and modular carpets with bespoke solutions for the commercial market. Belgotex’s product portfolio covers an extensive collection of luxury and specialized vinyl as well as artificial grass.
Belgotex SHE Internship 2023
As a SHE intern, the successful candidate will be part of the Belgotex’s Sustainability Department. During the 12-month internship, the intern’s main responsibility is to assist the department in executing SHE and sustainability goals and objectives, with a focus on safety, communication, visual, and waste management.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the CSO, carry out ad hoc and admin tasks as per instructions of SHE officers and Sustainability coordinators
- Actively participate in external and internal legal and SHEQ audits;
- Take part in KPI reviews, SHEQ committee and team meetings, and management reviews
- Prepare meeting minutes and present it to relevant stakeholders
- Establish mechanisms where incidents, audit findings, best practices, and preventive measures can be shared
- Perform site assessment of existing safety signages as well as communication methods
- Create an SHE communication benchmark for visual communication and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders with implementation
- Make sure that the administration of standards is monitored
- Support managers with visual communication requirements
- Provide assistance to the Sustainability Coordinator with the execution, monitoring, and assessment of the Organization’s waste segregation system
- Deliver waste segregation compliance reports
- Assist managers with the transition to the updated waste management requirements
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role::
- Holds a diploma, BTech, or Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Management, Safety Management, or any SHEQ-related qualification
- Completed Grade 12/matric
- Strong MS Office 365 skills
- Sharp eye for details
- Energetic, proactive, and results/deadline-driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to multi-task, make decisions, and meet deadlines
- Able to produce quality results independently and even under pressure
- Constantly curious and looking forward to new learning opportunities
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Effective organizational skills
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to fill out an online application form on Belgotex’s recruitment page. Click on the link below to access the appropriate page to get started:
Applications are still open. Apply now!
For enquiries, you may get in touch with Belgotex at:
Phone: +27 80 001 4777
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Belgotex SHE Internship 2023 advert page.