The Local Municipality of Bitou is calling on suitable and deserving students to submit their application and qualify for its Mayoral Bursary Programme for 2021. Check the minimum eligibility requirements if you qualify to apply.
Formerly known as Plettenberg Bay Municipality, Bitou is part of the municipality of the Garden Route District in the eastern tip of the Western Cape. In 2011, it has a population of 49,162 in 16,645 households, the majority of which are residents of the town of Plettenberg Bay.
Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursary 2021
The bursary programme is open only to tertiary level students whose parents are residents of Bitou or owners of ratable property in the municipality. The programme provides bursary support to students currently pursuing or intending to pursue any tertiary level education at a recognized tertiary education institution.
Beneficiaries of the bursary programme are under no obligation to render work at the Municipality, nor is the Municipality required to provide work after the end of the programme.
Who should apply?
These minimum eligibility requirements must be met to qualify for consideration:
- Parents of the applicant must be Bitou residents or owners of rateable properties in the municipality
- Currently pursuing or intending to pursue any tertiary education at any accredited learning institution in South Africa
- Grade 12 students must have proof of admission from the learning institution
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
Prepare the following support documents and be sure to attach them to your application:
- Fully accomplished and signed application form
- Grade 12 certificate
- Proof of admission at a tertiary education institution
- Copy of total household income
- For students in 2nd year of studies, submit results for the previous academic year
- Banking information of the learning/tertiary institution
Download the application form by clicking on the link below:
Send your application to:
Office of the Executive Mayor
Bitou Local Municipality
4 Sewell Street
The deadline for submission of applications is before 3 PM, on Monday, 08 February 2021.
For more information, get in touch with Ms. Thandokazi Siphungu by calling 044 501 3008.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursary Programme 2021 advert.