Black Swan Data, a tech and data science enterprise, is inviting suitable graduates to apply for its Data Insights Internship intake for 2022. Interested? Check the role’s minimum eligibility criteria to find out if you’re a good fit.
About Black Swan Data
Founded in London in 2011, Black Swan Data is a leading technology and data science company known for its SaaS-based social prediction platform named Trendscope. Utilizing its own Natural Language Processing and predictive data science to analyze social data conversations, Black Swan Data is able to assist businesses to determine possible trends and customer behaviours. Companies such as Unilever, Pepsico, McDonald’s, Disney, Johnson & Johnson, and Danone, to name a few.
Black Swan Data Insights Internship 2022
The Insights Internship is part of the Company’s Accelerator Programme which aims to provide high performing talent with skills in data analysis and providing data insights. Starting off with the internship phase, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to move forward to the next phases of the internship, culminating on to the last phase, which is called the Insights Consultants phase. Based in Black Swan’s Cape Town offices, his 3-year internship, will have you performing a variety of key tasks including:
- Market research projects
- Attending to client briefs regarding consumer behaviour and attitudes by implementing qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Identify trends
- Create a clear understanding of consumer interests and deliver the findings
- Provide assistance to the Insight Consultants and Directors with tasks and projects across a wide range of clients
Note that this is not a complete list of duties and responsibilities attributed to the role.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to meet the set minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirements of the programme as shown below:
- Recent graduate with a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree in
- Marketing or Marketing Management
- Business Science or Business Management
- Social Sciences
- or any equivalent work or academic experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Proficiency with computers particularly with Excel and other MS Office applications
- Comfortable working with voluminous amounts of Excel data
- Excellent report writing, analytics, and data narration skills
- Possesses a keen interest in acquiring a good understanding of consumer behavior and attitudes, as well as broader cultural trends
- Able to create and deliver professional and visually convincing presentations
- Able to quickly learn new processes and tools
- Responsible; takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Naturally curious and keen on asking the right questions
- Strong time management, collaboration, and communication skills
- Strong sense of commitment to the team, as well as to the duties assigned
How do I apply?
If you think you have what takes and would like to pursue this internship role, complete an online application form on Black Swan’s careers page. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
4th Floor The Apex
1 Energy Way
Century City, Cape Town
Tel. no: +27 878 023 525
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Black Swan Data Insights Internship 2022 advert page.