BMW SA is in need of highly qualified individuals who are interested in submitting an application to possibly qualify for its multi-discipline Graduate Programme for the 2020 financial year. Read on further to know more about the specifics of this graduate programme from one of the most respected car makers around.
BMW South Africa is one of the major players in the country’s high-end auto and auto parts export sector. Its expansion in 1993 led BMW to become the first automaker to launch a large scale export operation. This makes BMW SA a significant contributor to the nation’s economic stability.
Plant Rosslyn, the German carmaker’s first production plant outside of Europe, was built in 1973. Located in Pretoria, Plant Rosslyn now markets and builds BMW motor vehicles, as well as offers financing services. Included in their product offerings are the BMW MINI series and BMW motorcycles. The plant is currently supported by a 3,000-strong workforce.
The BMW Group then looked to Midrand, a thriving, bustling business district where corporate giants such as Neotel, Vodacom and Microsoft are headquartered. BMW SA is headquartered in Midrand, which is also called the National Sales Company. This facility employs about 600 associates assigned in various fields such as Business Strategy, Human Resources, Marketing and Sales. By 2019, the Headquarters will be joined by the IT section and Financial Services section.
BMW South Africa Graduate Programmes 2020
In line with its commitment to contribute to the empowerment, growth and development of the South African youth, the BMW South Graduate Programme is designed specifically for students in need of real work experience.
The successful applicant will undergo rotational OJT, blended learning with a special focus on technical training and blended learning, as well as self-learning. Moreover, the graduate programme is awarded to applicants who are pursuing any of the fields of study below:
- Mechanical Engineering or Electronics Engineering
- Human Resource with B or BA Social Science, or BComm in Economics, Politics or Philosophy
- B degree in Finance or Accounting and other related studies
- BSc in Computer Science or Analytics
- BCom or Bachelor in Business in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management or Marketing
Who should apply?
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Obtained at least 65% GPA for applicants in the fields of Engineering and Engineering
- Obtained a minimum GPA 70% for applicants in the field of Finance
- Strong interest in working in the automotive industry
- Proven track record in the field of academics
- A keen learner and always curious
- Strong passion for the BMW brand
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intelligent, responsible, proactive and open to change
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who would like to send an application will need to click here to access BMW SA’s recruitment page.
Soft copies of the following documents are to be uploaded during the application process:
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV containing information about qualifications
- Supporting documents showing information relevant to the position e.g. portfolio, certificates, performance records etc.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For more information about the application process, click the link to access the help page.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the BMW South Africa Graduate Programme 2020 advert.
- How long will it take to complete this graduate programme?
The BMW SA Graduate Programme runs for a period of 24 months.
- Where will the graduate programme take place?
Successful candidates will be based in BMW South Africa’s Pretoria offices.