Buckman Laboratories, a chemical manufacturer with headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.A. is calling on suitable candidates for its SHERQ Assistant Graduate Programme for 2022. If you’re interested and would like to see if you’re a good fit for the role, keep on reading below.
About Buckman Laboratories
Founded by Dr. Stanley Buckman, a biochemist who introduced biocides to the paper mill industry. Prior to biocides, paper mills had to shut down their plants for hours to give way for bacterial deposit cleaning. With the introduction of biocides, paper mills only needed to apply the biocide chemical solution throughout their production process to avoid such costly shutdowns.
From this innovative chemical solution rose Buckman Laboratories and had since expanded its services to industrial water treatment and producing chemical solutions for use in the leather industry.
Buckman SHERQ Assistant Graduate Programme 2022
As part of Buckman Laboratories’ Youth Employment Services (YES) initiative, the SHERQ Assistant Graduate Programme 2022 is a one-year, fixed-term role based in the SHERQ department within Buckman Laboratories Hammarsdale (or Sasolburg, depending on placement) in KwaZulu-Natal. The programme commences on 1 June 2022 and ends on 31 May 2023.
Who should apply?
Applicants who possess the following minimum eligibility, competency, and skills requirements are welcome to apply:
- Holds a diploma or degree in Safety/Environmental Health or Environmental Studies
- Currently unemployed and able to commit to the 12-month graduate programme
- Work experience is not a requirement
- A Hammarsdale resident, or lives in the surrounding cities nearby
- Amenable to work in shifts and/or beyond regular work hours
- Make sure high-quality safety standards are complied with
- Possesses an untarnished record of good behavior
- Able to arrange for own transportation
What is the selection process?
All applicants who satisfy the minimum eligibility requirements will go through a couple of job assessments to determine suitability for the role including:
- Verification of qualifications
- Comprehensive pre-employment medical check-up
Only upon passing the pre-employment medical check will the job offer be presented to the successful candidates.
How do I apply?
You will need to register your profile on Buckman’s recruitment page to be able to apply. Click the link below to get started:
Be sure to prepare the following documents and must be uploaded as one file together with your application:
- A comprehensive and up-to-date CV
- Proof of residence (not more than 3 months old) or letter signed and certified by your local councilor
- Certified copies of the following:
- South African ID
- Matric certificate
- Additional qualifications
- Academic records
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
Fill out this online contact form should you have any questions.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Buckman SHERQ Assistant Graduate Programme 2022 advert page.