The Local Municipality of Bushbuckridge has recently opened its applications to students looking for a Bursary Programme to help further their tertiary level education.
An administrative division within the Ehlanzeni District of Mpumalanga, Bushbuckridge is a commercial farming region known for its pine plantations, cotton, tobacco, vegetables and subtropical fruits. It is Mpumalanga’s largest municipality with a total land area of 10,250 square kilometers and a total population of 241,248 (2011).
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary Programme
This bursary opportunity is awarded to students who are pursuing full-time courses or scarce skills at recognized higher education institutions for the prescribed minimum duration of the study.
Students who will be taking up any of the following prescribed fields of studies may qualify for bursary support:
- Computer Science/Information Technology
- Tourism Management
- B Com Accounting
- Urban and Regional Planning (Town Planner)
- Development Studies
- Quantity Survey
- Agricultural Studies
- Public Management
- Youth Development
- Financial Management
- Social Science
- Other Management studies
Who should apply?
Candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to be considered for the bursary award:
- Must be a full-time student intending to take up any of the fields of study mentioned above
- Does not have the financial capacity of furthering their tertiary level studies
- Excellent Grade 12 results
- Must be a resident of Bushbuckridge Municipality
- Able to gain admission into a recognized higher education institution
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and would like to send an application must download the online application form. Also, the documents shown below must be sent along with the application form:
- A certified true copy of mid-year results from grade 12 or Grade 12 certificate
- Proof of parents’ or legal guardian’s income
- Certified copy of the birth certificate or South African ID
- Proof of admission into a tertiary education institution
- Proof of indigency
Download the application form here.
All application forms and supporting documents must be sent to:
Private Bag X 9306
or to any regional office nearest you
The deadline for the submission of bursary applications is on 6 January 2020.
For additional information about the bursary programme, contact:
Mr. Maunye S.
Tel. no: 071 607 8090
or email it to:
Click on the link to view the Bushbuckridge Municipality Bursary Programme 2020 advert.
Important facts about this bursary opportunity:
- Accomplish the form completely and accurately, filling it out with capital letters using blank ink
- To ensure that you’ll be admitted to a particular tertiary institution, speak with its vocational counselor
- Bursary benefits are awarded only to new students
- No change of course (from the one enrolled for bursary coverage) is allowed