The municpality of Cape Agulhas is calling on deserving and qualified students looking for bursary support to send in their applications to qualify for its Bursary Programme applicable on the 2020 academic year.
Named after the southern tip of the African continent, Cape Agulhas is a predominantly Afrikaans speaking city in Western Cape. Cape Agulhas reported a population of 33,036 in 2011 and with land area covering 3,467 square kilometers. Its seat of government and largest town is Bredasdorp with a population of 15,524 (2011 census).
Cape Agulhas Bursary Programmes 2020
The Cape Agulhas Bursary Programme is offered annually to financially constrained but academically performing students pursuing or intending to pursue the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Town and Regional Planning
- Financial Management
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering Services
- Human Resources
- Environmental Management
- Community Development
- Community Safety
- Business Development
- Arts and Culture
- Public Administration
- Legal Studies
- Marine Biology
Who should apply?
Applicants must meet the programme’s eligibility requirements in order to qualify for consideration:
- Must be studying or will study any of the fields of study mentioned earlier
- A resident of Cape Agulhas
- Household income must not be higher than R20 000 per month
- Excellent academic standing
How do I apply?
All applications must include the following supporting documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Certified true copy of South African ID
- Certificate of registration (original copy) showing the area of study and subjects to be taken
- Municipal account or any relevant document to serve as proof of Cape Agulhas residence
- Certified copy of Grade 12 results or certified true copies of current progress reports
- Proof of household income
- Previous beneficiaries may re-apply for bursary support
All applications are required to be submitted as sealed and marked accordingly as “Bursary application”. Along with the supporting documents, applications must be hand-delivered to:
Cape Agulhas Municipal Office
1 Dirkie Uys Street
Deadline for submission of applications is 20 December 2019, no later than 4 PM. Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
For additional enquiries about the bursary programme, get in touch with:
Mrs. Lauren May or Mrs. Zoe Feni-Bandla
Tel. no: 028 425 55 00
Click the link to view the Cape Agulhas Bursary Programme 2020 advert.