The City of Cape Town is inviting suitable graduates interested in applying for its ISDG Finance Graduate trainee intake for 2022. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
About The City Of Cape Town
One of the biggest cities in the Western Cape province, Cape Town is also the oldest city of South Africa. Also called the ‘Mother City’, the City of Cape Town is famous for its iconic landmark, Table Mountain – one of the world’s seven natural wonders.
As part of the South African Western Cape government, the City of Cape Town provides its residents with a variety of basic services such as drainage, electricity, building plan application and documents, municipal roads, property rates, noise control, cleansing services, refuse removal, regulating street trading, regulating abattoirs, street lighting, waste services, traffic and parking, tourism, sanitation and water services.
The City of Cape Town consists of the following areas: Cape Town CBD, the Cape Metropolitan Council, Helderberg, Blaauwberg, Oostenberg, Tygerberg, and South Peninsula.
Cape Town ISDG Finance Graduate Trainee 2023
The ISDG Finance Graduate Trainee role is a three-year fixed-term position with a basic salary amounting to R 209, 263 per annum. During the training period, the successful graduate will be responsible for performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage administration of financial procedures/controls and deliver data that support financial planning in compliance with MFMA and other relevant legislation, procedures, and policies
- Keep track of and control the district’s and the ETD’s expenses and income using monthly reports
- Compile journals and virements
- Deliver compiled financial information through forecasting, inventory and expenditure analysis
- Observe compliance and data compilation
- Facilitate the execution of financial-related procedures and policies in support of good governance, legislation, and service delivery
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a National Diploma, BTech or Bachelor’s degree in Economic Management or Cost and Management Accounting, or any finance-related degree
- Knowledgeable with legislation relevant to training practices and education
- Unemployed South African citizens below 35 years old will be prioritized
- Must be computer literate and able to use MS Office applications
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good eye for detail
- Knowledgeable with MS Office productivity tools
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile on the City of Cape Town’s e-services page. Be sure to use a laptop or desktop computer when accessing the page.
Reference no: CS 293/22 External
The deadline for submission of applications is on 02 December 2022.
Kindly consider the application unsuccessful if you do not receive feedback within three months of the application deadline.
For enquiries, contact the City of Cape Town directly using the following contact details:
HR Service Desk
Tel: 0860 103 089 (press the option ‘6’)
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Cape Town Project Administrator Graduate Trainee 2023 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not post any queries. You may want to view our other graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are currently open for applications.