The City of Cape Town is calling on suitable Project Management graduates interested in applying for its ISDG Graduate trainee intake for 2022. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
About The City Of Cape Town
One of the biggest cities in the Western Cape province, Cape Town is also the oldest city of South Africa. Also called the ‘Mother City’, the City of Cape Town is famous for its iconic landmark, Table Mountain – one of the world’s seven natural wonders.
As part of the South African Western Cape government, the City of Cape Town provides its residents with a variety of basic services such as drainage, electricity, building plan application and documents, municipal roads, property rates, noise control, cleansing services, refuse removal, regulating street trading, regulating abattoirs, street lighting, waste services, traffic and parking, tourism, sanitation and water services.
The City of Cape Town consists of the following areas: Cape Town CBD, the Cape Metropolitan Council, Helderberg, Blaauwberg, Oostenberg, Tygerberg, and South Peninsula.
Cape Town Project Administrator Graduate Trainee 2023
The successful candidate will be part of 3-year trainee programme and will be responsible for performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage both external and internal services provided to the ISDG programme
- Provide assistance to the short and long-term responsibilities and goals of the FMCBG and ISDG grants
- Develop procurement motivations, approvals, and execute process as requested
- Create and manage a spreadsheet for project procurement tracking
- Put together, facilitate, and deliver presentations at ETD and ISDG forums, and other meetings
- Attend to requests/inquiries as well as create routine and correspondence notices
- Carry out research and investigations involving ISDG matters
The Project Administrator trainee position carries a basic stipend amounting to R 354, 170 p.a.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a BTech or Bachelor’s degree in Project Management
- Possesses 2 years of relevant work experience
- Unemployed South African citizens below 35 years old will be prioritized
- Must be computer literate and able to use MS Office applications
- Strong planning and organizational skills
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile on the City of Cape Town’s e-services page. Be sure to use a laptop or desktop computer when accessing the page.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 25 November 2022.
Kindly consider the application as unsuccessful if you do not receive feedback within three months of the application deadline.
For enquiries, contact the City of Cape Town directly using the following contact details:
HR Service Desk
Tel: 0860 103 089 (press the option ‘6’)
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Cape Town Project Administrator Graduate Trainee 2023 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not post any queries. You may want to view our other graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are currently open for applications.