Capitec Bank is looking for hardworking individuals who would be interested in join its bursary programme. Applicants are determined to reach their goals and are willing to grab each available opportunity to do so to apply to its Bursary Programme for 2020.
Established in 2001, Capitec Bank is a retail bank serving both commercial and individual customers. The bank’s business model focuses on providing low cost services and high interest rates on deposits, among others.
Capitec operates about 500 retail branches in South Africa with more than 6.2 million customers (2015 report). In August 2017, Capitec ranked as the second largest South African retail bank as indicated by the number of its customers with 120,000 new customer accounts opening each month
Capitec Bursary Programme 2020
Capitec’s bursary programme is designed for highly motivated individuals who are unable to continue their studies due to financial constraints. Aspiring bursars must be pursuing studies in the following areas of discipline:
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Econimics/Management Servce
- Data mining
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Economic Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Mathematical Science
- Business Economics
- Industrial Engineering
- Financial Management
- Higher Certificate Information Systems (e.g. Internet, Engineering and Software Development
Capitec offers permanent employment within the company once the bursars complete their studies.
Requirements or Eligibility
The ideal applicant must be able to meet at least one of the following programme requirements in order to qualify:
- Currently completing or has already completed National Certificate or Matric
- Currently taking up or intending to take up undergraduate or postgraduate studies in the prescribed courses at a recognized tertiary institution
- Strong scholastic record
- No criminal record
- No derogatory credit record
- Must agree to relocate to Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- Must have no more than 25 months of working experience
Some behavioral skills required of the position include:
- Highly adapable
- Excellent decision making skills
- Energetic, reliable and values teamwork
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to reister an account and log in to Capitec’s recruitment portal (handled by a third party) to be able to apply.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 1 July 2019. The bursary programme will start on 1 January 2020.
For further questions about the programm, get intouchh witth them by calling 27 21 941 1337