The Center for Financial Regulation and Inclusion, or Cenfri, is looking for suitably qualified individuals who are passionate about real world development to apply for its Bursary Programme opportunity for 2021. Check the minimum requirements if you wish to qualify bursary support.
Based in Cape Town, Cenfri operates as a non-profit, independent think tank that explores how the financial sector can improve societal outcomes. The group works on a wide scope of issues involving developments in the financial sector, extending to emerging markets in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
Cenfri’s main focus is on creating insights that are able to inform policymakers, donors and market players looking to discover development outcomes through the financial sector and inclusive financial services.
Cenfri Bursary Programme
In line with Cenfri’s objective to further the development of expert African researchers, Cenfri offers bursary support to suitable postgraduate students. As beneficiaries, successful candidates are eligible to get:
- Full bursary coverage for
- book fees
- accommodation fess
- transportation allowance
- laptop allowance
- food allowance
- A dedicated mentor to provide guidance during the academic year
- An opportunity to attend a paid internship and gain work experience at Cenfri’s Durban site and remote work
- A chance to join Cenfri’s analyst team in a full-time capacity after graduation
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Gained admission for first-year studies or in the last year of qualification towards a Master’s degree in Economics or any relevant files
- Must have a genuine interest in research and development
- At least a 60% GPA across all subjects in the most recent or current academic year at a higher education institution
- Solid presentation and writing skills
- Able to produce results independently or as part of a team
- Advanced written and verbal skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good analytical and quantitative skills
- Preferably knowledgeable in Stata and household survey data analysis
- Knowledge of additional African languages is definite advantage
What is the selection process?
The selection of candidates will be done in strict compliance with Cenfri’s Employment Equity policy. Financial need will also be a crucial factor in determining who receives the bursary award.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to apply will need to fill out an application form on Cenfri’s website. Click here to get started.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 13 October 2020.
For enquiries, get in touch directly with Cenfri at:
Tel. no: +27 21 913 9510
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Cenfri Bursary Programme 2021advert.