The Center for Financial Regulation and Inclusion, or Cenfri, is looking for suitable individuals who are passionate for real world development to apply for its Business Development Internship to be held at its Cape Town offices.
Based in Cape Town, Cenfri operates as non-profit, independent think tank that explores how the financial sector can improve societal outcomes. The group works on a wide scope of issues involving developments in the financial sector, extending to emerging markets in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
Cenfri main focus is on creating insights that are able to inform policymakers, donors and market players looking to discover development outcomes through the financial sector and inclusive financial services.
Cenfri Business Development Internship 2020
The successful candidates will be providing support with Cenfri’s current business development endeavors as well as taking part with designing long-term business growth plans for the organization.
The duties and responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but not limited to:
- Provide reports on key activities
- Review terms of document reference
- Gain insights in the decision making process
- Coordinate business pipeline data for the management team
- Scan and monitor client and market intelligence information
Who should apply?
Cenfri needs applications that meet its minimum eligibility requirements, and these are:
- Must be in the process of completing a Master’s or MBA degree in Economics or related areas of study such as Development, Statistics, Finance, Law or Political Science
- Interested in acquiring work experience while completing studies
- Knowledge of donor procurement and environment as well as some background in business development is a definite advantage
- Exceptional written and spoken English skills. Knowledge of additional languages e.g. French, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
- Superb presentation and writing skills
- Good entrepreneurial acumen
- Genuine interest in research driven tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Keen interest in financial sector development and development economics
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the basic requirements and would like to push through with the bursary application will only need to fill out an online application form on Cenfri’s recruitment portal. Click here to apply.
The deadline for submission of applications has not been set as of this writing.
For enquiries about the internship programme, get in touch with Cenfri directly at:
Tel. no: +27 21 913 9510
- How long will internship last?
The Cenfri Business Development Internship programme will run for a period of three months.
- Is this a paid internship?
This is a paid internship and remuneration will depend on an agreed upon amount.
- Is this an opportunity for permanent employment?
Permanent employment will be based on factors such as current manpower requirements and financial standing.
To view the internship advert, click here.