Central Media Group is calling on recent graduates to apply for its Journalist Internship Programme for 2021. Take a moment to review the minimum qualification requirements to ensure you’re eligible to apply for this internship role.
Central Media Group is a Level 4 B-BBEE-certified media company that operates in various media platforms in Central South Africa. It operates a commercial radio station called OFM and is heard in the Northern Cape, Free State, Southern and Northwest Gauteng.
Its online presence is managed by Digital Platforms, which offers a range of internet and digital services such as website design and development, search engine optimization, social media marketing, web hosting, e-commerce, mobile app development, and online advertising.
Central Media Journalist Internship Programme
The successful candidate will be working in a full-time capacity for a period of 12 months. By the end of the internship, the Journalist Intern should be able to perform the following with greater expertise:
- Research interesting story ideas
- Write radio news or bulletins
- Improve stories by adding photos, soundbites, videos, etc.
- Conduct interviews
- Handle press releases
- Develop a wide-reaching network of contacts
- Manage accounts on popular social media platforms
- Perform follow-ups when necessary
Who should apply?
To qualify for consideration, applicants will need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Holds a relevant qualification or National Diploma in Communications, Media Studies, or Journalism
- Possesses exceptional editing, communication and writing skills in Afrikaans and/or English
- Knowledgeable with computers
- Amenable to working overtime and on weekends
- Able to collaborate with a diverse team
- With a go-getter attitude
- Performs even under pressure
What is the selection process?
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Central Media Group selects the most suitable candidates on the basis of its Employment Equity Plan and Policy.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants may apply by emailing their comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 19 February 2021.
Note: Consider your application as unsuccessful if no feedback gets to within two weeks after the deadline.
For enquiries, call Central Media directly at (051) 5050900.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Central Media Journalist Internship Programme 2021 advert.