The Chalhoub Group is opening its applications to qualified individuals who wish to gain experience with one of largest retailers in the Middle East through the company’s IT Internship Programme..
Established in 1955 by Michael and Widad Chalhoub in Damascus, Syria. Due to a very limited market in Syria, the Chalhoub family then moved to Lebanon a decade later to Lebanon in an effort to grow and expand the business in the Gulf region and the Near East.
From a small store selling silver flatware, the Group is now the most extensive luxury retail and distribution giant in the Middle East today. The Chalhoub Group once played a critical role in jump starting the region’s luxury industry. The company currently employs over 12,000 individuals spread across 14 countries including South Africa.
Chalhoub Group IT Internship Programme 2020
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but not limited to the following:
- Adhere to all IT policies relevant to the role including standard operating procedures and processes to ensure work is conducted in consistent and controlled manner
- Perform operational activities under close supervision
- Ensure complex problems are escalated to the appropriate person for the timely and effective resolution of issues/cases
- Study, install and configure new computers including relevant software (e.g. MS processing tools,operating systems, email) and hardware such as printers and other relevant peripherals
- Work on incidents escalated from the IT help desk using online ticketing tool (i.e. BMC RemedyForce)
- Monitor, review and upgrade operational workstations
- Provide assistance and instructions on the operation of computer equipment, manuals and software
- Develop understanding of internal and external customer technologies and case/issue resolution
- Pay close attention to symptom descriptions, perform careful analysis of issues, respond accurately and give helpful feedback to end users
- Act as first level support to end users regarding all applications
- Perform set up and support functions of retail shop POS, bar code scanner, printers and other basic applications
- Assist the Technical Support Team with network and server troubleshooting
- Conduct routine maintenance on computer equipment, peripherals and data backups
- Monitor daily performance of computer related to correct usage and error correction
- Provide evaluation and propose upgrade or improvement of computer hardware and software
- Carry out and maintain records of regular network boot up and shut down
- Take part in community activities and other relevant projects
- Conduct market search for prospective IT suppliers
- Perform demand trends analysis on IT hardware and other related equipment
- Acquire and negotiate pricing with new or existing suppliers
- Create purchase orders and follow up delivery timelines and payment schedules
- Create monthly spend analysis reports on a monthly basis
Who should apply?
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or any relevant field of study
- Highly analytical and able to solve/troubleshoot issues in the most timely manner
- Strong research and negotiation skills
- Highly organized with good interpersonal skills
Click the link to view the Chalhoub Group IT Internship Programme
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants will need to register an account prior to the actual application process.
Click here to get started.
For those who already have an account, simply log in with the required login credentials
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Know how it is to be a Calhoub Group employee by clicking the link.