The Chalhoub Group is opening its applications to qualified individuals who wish to gain work experience at one of the largest retailers in the Middle East through the company’s MUSE Concierge Traineeship Progamme in South Africa.
Established in 1955 by Michael and Widad Chalhoub in Damascus, Syria. Due to a very limited market in Syria, the Chalhoub family then moved to Lebanon a decade later to Lebanon in an effort to grow and expand the business in the Gulf region and the Near East.
From a small store selling silver flatware, the Group is now the most extensive luxury retail and distribution giant in the Middle East today. The Chalhoub Group once played a critical role in jump-starting the region’s luxury industry. The company currently employs over 12,000 individuals spread across 14 countries including South Africa.
Chalhoub Group SA MUSE Concierge Traineeship 2020
The successful candidate will be part of the company’s loyalty programme started not too long ago. The programme involves more than 30 brands and seeks to reward members in order to promote long-lasting relationships. The duties and responsibilities of the trainee include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to inbound queries through email, phone, What’s App and live chat in a professional manner
- Perform “clienteling”, home sales and outbound initiatives as needed
- Conduct research in order to provide information utilizing available resources
- Investigate and resolve customer service queries in escalation
- Understand and apply internal processes in daily operations
- Determine and escalate priority issues as needed
- Close tickets with appropriate categorization in compliance with existing SLA
- Manage Elite and VIP customers in person or via communication
- Follow through queries as needed
- Create weekly report analysis on live chat or call center calls
Who should apply?
Only applicants who satisfy the following minimum requirements are eligible to apply for this training programme:
- Good with computers
- Effective multi-tasking skills
- Amenable to weekend work
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic
- Approachable, agile with a can-do mindset to contribute and be part of a new department
- Highly capable of leading, committed and proactive
- Outstanding phone etiquette as well as excellent written and verbal skills
- Preferably with working experience in a call center
- Preferably a male applicant
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to push through with the application may do so by registering an account on the company’s recruitment page. Click here to access the registration page.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For information about the company’s recruitment process, click here.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Chalhoub Group SA MUSE Concierge Traineeship advert.