Cisco Sytems is calling on promising and bright graduates to submit an application and qualify for its Associate Consulting Engineer Graduate Programme. If you’re interested, check the minimum qualification requirements and job details below.
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose, California, USA, Cisco Systems Inc. is an international technological conglomerate that creates and markets software, networking hardware, telecommunications hardware and other high-tech services and products.
Cisco, through its acquired subsidiaries (e.g. Webex, OpenDNS, Jasper, Jabber) also specializes in domain security, Internet of Things and energy management.
Cisco Associate Consulting Engineer Graduate Programme
The incumbent will be joining the Customer Experience Delivery team, working as a trusted advisor to Cisco customers. The Associate Consulting Engineer will work with customers to establish strong, long term relationships, offering thought leadership to resolve their challenges in technology and providing them support to achieve desirable business results.
The daily duties and responsibilities of the Associate Consulting Engineer are as follows:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with international customers
- Help customers navigate through digital transformations and evolving technology
- Prepare the customer’s technology and business infrastructure for emerging technology
- Recommend and review data center, network, cloud or security designs that exceed business specifications
- Install, configure and integrate new applications or solutions by Cisco or third party solutions
- Keep track of increasing security requirements and the constantly changing threat landscape
- Maintain and optimize current cloud or network infrastructure in relation to risk and redundancy mitigation
- Resolve software and technology issues across a wide range of technologies; help minimize risk and enhance operational efficiency
- Travel to customer location as needed
- Establish expertise in a particular technology, market or customer segment based on comprehensive training
Who should apply?
- Holds a BA or BS degree from a 3-4 year technical programme in Cyber Security, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
- Must have a genuine fascination towards Cisco software, infrastructure solutions and security
- Able to reside and take employment in South Africa without visa sponsorship from the company
- Fluency in the English language
- Keen interest in technology
- Sees teamwork as an important driver of success
- Enjoys real-world challenges and works creatively to resolve them
- Takes on situations with an open and inquisitive mind and sees opportunities in every challenge
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria would like to pursue this graduate position, click here to register your profile and get started.
Although no submission deadline has been set, Cisco may close applications as the position is filled. Thus, it is recommended to submit an application as soon as possible.
For more information, click here to access Cisco’s FAQ page.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Cisco Associate Consulting Engineer Graduate Programme advert.