Cisco Systems is calling on suitable individuals who would like to join its Associate Sales Rep Graduate Programme 2023 intake at its Johannesburg offices. If you wish to apply. be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role.
About Cisco Systems
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose, California, USA, Cisco Systems Inc. is an international technological conglomerate that creates and markets software, networking hardware, telecommunications hardware and other high-tech services and products. Cisco, through its acquired subsidiaries (e.g. Webex, OpenDNS, Jasper, Jabber also specializes in domain security, Internet of Things and energy management.
Cisco Systems SA Associate Sales Rep Graduate Programme 2023
Successful candidates will be part of the Cisco Sales Associates Programme, or CSAP, an award-winning early-in-career training programme for top-performing university graduates from around the world. Initially taking on the role of an Associate Sales Representative, incumbents will have an opportunity to discover, develop, and provide new opportunities to Cisco’s customers and partners while working closely with engineers in order to deliver technical solutions for customers.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop technical, communication and sales skills
- Rotate through many areas of operation
- Acquire knowledge on positioning Cisco’s architecture, products and solutions to customers
- Move up to a Virtual Sales Account Manager, or VSAM position as part of the Cisco Global Virtual Sales team, or GVS
- Develop positive relations with existing customers through collaboration in order to get a clear understanding of their business strategy while reaching their set business goals and identifying new business opportunities
- Work with Sales Engineers in order to learn how to position Cisco solutions to the benefit of the customer
Who should apply?
Applicants need to satisfy these minimum eligibility requirements to qualify:
- A recent graduate of, or currently pursuing final year of qualification, academic certification, or relevant programme in Finance, Business and Management, Marketing, Finance, MIS, Engineering, Entrepreneurship and other relevant studies
- Fluent in spoken English
- Passionate about technology and innovation
- Able to live and work legally in South Africa without the need for sponsorship or visa support
- Willing to move to South Africa and designate as country of hire upon completing the programme
- Possesses technical skills
- Able to show keen resolve in building a long-term sales career within Cisco SA
- Amenable to relocate to the assigned CSAP training hub for 12 months (Relocation package and visa assistance is available if warranted)
- Comfortable dealing with, and simplifying complex issues and
- Able to handle situations with an open and curious mind; sees challenges as opportunities
- Able to effectively communicate with a diverse range of people and sees the importance of teamwork in achieving goals
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to pursue this graduate programme will need to register an account on Cisco’s careers page to be able to apply for the role.
Click the link below to get started:
Job ID: 1395542
Although no submission deadline has been set, Cisco may close applications as the position is filled. Thus, it is recommended to submit an application as soon as possible.
For more information, click here to access Cisco’s FAQ page.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Cisco Systems SA Associate Sales Rep Graduate Programme 2023 advert page.