About The City Of Cape Town
One of the biggest cities in the Western Cape province, Cape Town is also the oldest city of South Africa. Also called the ‘Mother City’, the City of Cape Town is famous for its iconic landmark, Table Mountain – one of the world’s seven natural wonders.
As part of the South African Western Cape government, the City of Cape Town provides its residents with a variety of basic services such as drainage, electricity, building plan application and documents, municipal roads, property rates, noise control, cleansing services, refuse removal, regulating street trading, regulating abattoirs, street lighting, waste services, traffic and parking, tourism, sanitation and water services.
The City of Cape Town consists of the following areas: Cape Town CBD, the Cape Metropolitan Council, Helderberg, Blaauwberg, Oostenberg, Tygerberg, and South Peninsula.
City Of Cape Town Bursary 2022
Students residing in the Cape Town/Cape Metropolitan Area are invited by The City of Cape Town to apply for the bursary programme for the academic year 2022.
Bursaries will be funded for studies in the following scarce skill areas (at Undergraduate, Honours, Master’s, Postgraduate, and PhD level of students):
- Artisan Training
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Contract Management (Design and Implementation)
- Auditing (for registration purposes)
- Data Science/ Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science)
- Environmental (Specialists, including Air Pollution and Water Quality)
- Engineering (various fields, including Industrial Engineering – BSc or BTech)
- Fleet Management
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Legal Specialisation (various fields)
- Information Systems and Technology (specialization)
- Medicine (MBChB, Specialists and registration with HPCSA)
- Library Sciences (Collections and Acquisitions)
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialisation
- Organizational Psychology (Registered with HPCSA)
- Occupational Medicine (Practitioner)
- Renewable Energy
- Project Management
- Energy Services/ Technical training/ Refrigeration/ qualification in Electricity/ HVAC/ Process Control and Operations/ Electronic/ Supply Chain Management
- Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveyors and Architecture
- Transport Management
Among the expenses covered by the bursary are tuition fees, registration fees, and exam fees.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be notified – if you have not heard back, consider your application unsuccessful.
Who should apply?
Before applying, applicants must make sure to meet the following entry requirements. The following requirements must be met in order for your application to be considered:
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- You must be a resident of the Cape Town/ the Cape Metropolitan Area
- You must have completed the Matriculation exam
- Studying a qualification in one of the scarce skills areas above, or intending to do so full-time, is essential
- You must be enrolled or registered at an accredited, recognized South African tertiary institution (University of Technology, University, TVET College,)
- Applicants must have a financial need
- The student must not be receiving any other financial aid or bursary awards
How do I apply?
Successful applicants must download the City of Cape Town Bursary Application form 2022 and complete it.
The application form can also be obtained from one of the City’s libraries or the Walk-in Centres mentioned below.
Along with the application form, you must submit the following relevant document copies. You must submit all of these documents – failure to submit them may result in your application being disqualified:
- A certified copy of your ID (should not be older than 3 months)
- Certified copy of your Matriculation certificate
- A copy of your tertiary institution registration letter or provisional acceptance letter (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Complete academic record or transcript if studying currently (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Certificates or awards won, where applicable
- Mentor/teacher/peer recommendation letter
- Please provide two references (mentioning their contact information)
- If applicable, evidence of your accomplishments in your area of study
- Residential proof
- A certified copy of your parents’ or guardians’ identification document
- Certified copy of proof of income of parents or guardians (latest payslips, affidavit or proof of government grant where applicable)
To apply, you must visit one of these Walk-in Centres:
- Brackenfell Walk-in Centre
- Bellville Walk-in Centre
- Parow Municipal Building
- Cape Town Walk-in Centre
- Strand Walk-in Centre
- Plumstead Walk-in Centre
Note: Your application must be marked as “City of Cape Town Bursary 2022“
The deadline to submit an application is 2 March 2022.
After the closing date, applications will not be accepted – applicants must apply before the deadline to be considered.
You may directly contact the City of Cape Town with any questions about this bursary programme:
HR Service Desk
Tel: 0860 103 089 (press the option ‘6’)