Clicks Group, a healthcare and beauty supply retailer, is calling on suitable candidates to submit an application for its Trainee Manager Programme for its 2021 intake. Check the minimum requirements below to see if you are qualified to apply.
With more than 575 stores operating all over South Africa, Clicks Group is one of the biggest retail pharmacy chains in the country today. It has more than 300 in-store dispensaries including United Pharmaceutical Distributors, which is a full-line wholesaler of pharmaceutical products, and Clicks Direct Medicine, a courier pharmacy service that delivers directly to patients.
Clicks Group Trainee Manager Programme
The position is under a fixed-term contract and aims to provide successful applicants the skills and aptitude to assume management duties in support of the store manager.
The duties and responsibilities of the Trainee Manager are as follows:
- Gain full understanding and ownership of self-development in completing the programme and ensure readiness for sign-off by the end of programme
- Ensure competence in providing assistance to the Store Manager with managing all departments of the store
- Attend and participate in all classroom training sessions and apply learnings and skills within the store setting under the supervision of the SM
- Be a role model for the staff by embodying the behaviors and image of management the company aspires through its values
- Be visible and proactive in attending to customers to ensure great customer care
Currently, the following Clicks Group locations are accepting applications:
- Hermanus, Cape Town
- Paarl, Cape Town
Who should apply?
Applicants are expected to meet these minimum qualification requirements:
- Must have a three-year tertiary level qualification in Business Management, Business Science, Retail Management
- Completed matric or Grade 12 with pure English (50%) and Maths (50%)
- Work experience in management and/or retail is an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analysis and computer skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Knowledgeable in conflict management
- Creative, highly organized and enterprising
- Able to quickly adapt and cope with different scenarios
What is the selection process?
Successful candidates will be selected in line with the company’s Employment Equity Plan. People living with disabilities are more than welcome to apply.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants may apply by registering an account on the Clicks Group’s recruitment page. Click here to access the page, then click on the “Apply” button on the right portion of the page.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 October 2020.
For enquiries, get in touch with the Clicks Group at:
Phone: 010 140 3099
Click the link to view a PDF of the Clicks Group Trainee Manager Programme 2021(Simon’s Town) advert