Coronation is an asset management company founded by a group of investment experts who banded together to grow a dedicated fund management firm. Established in 1993, the fledgling company started out with zero clients and no assets. Today, Coronation is a trusted name in the country’s investment industry.
With such exclusive focus on asset management, Coronation has earned for itself a proven track record in long term returns ever since it started its operation. As an active investment management company, Coronation employs a long-term, valuation-driven strategy managing R602 billion worth of client assets as of end of June 2018.
Considered as one the biggest and most successful institutional and retail asset management firms in South Africa, Coronation provides both pooled and segregated investment vehicles. Its growing roster of clientele includes provident and pension funds, unit trusts, medical schemes, insurers and banks, to mention a few. In addition, Coronation provides asset management services to international retirement funds, family offices and endowments.
Coronation Graduate Internship – February 2019
Coronation’s “Brilliant Minds Graduate Programme” is graduate internship programme that provides qualified graduates a great opportunity to grow a career in Asset Management. This 2-year, non-rotational programme offers growth opportunities through n array of training, assignments, and study modules.
The Brilliant Minds Internship Programme can help pave the way for seven (7) deserving and high-skilled graduates to find their niche in the asset management industry. Depending on the field of study, the chosen candidates may be assigned to various areas of operation which include Risk and Compliance, Talent Management, and Investments to name a few.
Requirements or Eligibility
Candidates who meet the following criteria will be given by Coronation the most preference:
- Risk and Compliance – must have finished Bachelor in Accounting (Honors), Bachelor in Business Science Law, or Bachelor in Commerce, LLB
- Talent Management- candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Psychology or Human Resources
- Investments (Equity Research) – must be a Bachelor’s Degree holder with a major in Economics, Maths or Accounting
- Client Services (Customer Support) – Bachelor’s degree in a finance related course
- Middle Office -Bachelor’s degree in a finance related course
- Validations (Customer Support) – Bachelor’s degree in a finance related course
- Personal Investments- Bachelor’s degree in a finance related course
Coronation also prefers applicants with the following qualities:
- Possesses a positive attitude
- Creative and innovative
- Very energetic, eager to take ownership of additional responsibilities, ambitious
- Able to work well in a dynamic, team environment
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are required to set up an account on the company website to be able to apply for the internship programme. Applicants are also encouraged to apply using their LinkedIn accounts. Click here to set up your online account and get started.
For more information about Coronation as an employer, simply click here.
Closing and Opening Dates
The internship programme starts on February 2019. Applications are ongoing and Coronation has not specified a closing date.