Coronation is now accepting applications for its upcoming Personal Investments Validations Consultant Internship Programme for 2019. Information about this internship opportunity is discussed in detail below.
Coronation is an asset management company founded by a group of investment experts who banded together to grow a dedicated fund management firm. Established in 1993, the fledgling company started out with zero clients and no assets. Today, Coronation is a trusted name in the country’s investment industry.
With such exclusive focus on asset management, Coronation has earned for itself a proven track record in long term returns ever since it started its operation. As an active investment management company, Coronation employs a long-term, valuation-driven strategy managing R602 billion worth of client assets as of end of June 2018.
Considered as one the biggest and most successful institutional and retail asset management firms in South Africa, Coronation provides both pooled and segregated investment vehicles. Its growing roster of clientele includes provident and pension funds, unit trusts, medical schemes, insurers and banks, to mention a few. In addition, Coronation provides asset management services to international retirement funds, family offices and endowments.
Personal Investments Validations Consultant Internship Programme at Coronation
The incumbent will be signing a 23-month internship programme and will be working out of the company’s head office in located in Claremont, Cape Town reporting to the Validation Team Leader.
The primary responsibilities of the Validation Intern are as follows:
- Validation for local, foreign and retirement trust products
- Process unit and retirement trust applications
- Ensure brokers are licensed to sell the company’s products
- Confirm certain client transactions by phone
- Manage FICA and FAIS documentation and other static client information
- Ensure client and intermediary FICA and FAIS compliance at all times
- Manage internal relationships for prompt client response
- Liaise with internal client consultants and administrator/admin support
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of client investments
- Conduct follow through on pending client and intermediary requirements
- Make sure retirement clients are Regulation 28 compliant
- Maintain workflow system and update client data in CRM
- Make sure all client documents are saved electronically
- Follow up pending cases
- Resolve general queries
To view the job advert, click the link below:
Coronation does not guarantee permanent employment the end of the 23-month internship period.
Requirements or Eligibility
- Completed tertiary level education with good marks in subjects such as Investment Management and Accounting, or
- With 3-5 years relevant working experience and minimum Matric qualification
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledgeable in document and workflow management tools
- Experience in CRM systems a plus
How to Apply
Qualified applicants who wish to apply for the internship will need to register an account on the company’s recruitment portal. Clink the link below to start the process:
Once done with the account registration, use the job reference codeto easily locate the Personal Investments Validations Consultant Internship opportunity.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 September 2019.
For additional information about this internship opportunity, kindly call +27(0) 21 680 2000.