About the Centre for Proteomic and Genomic Research
CPGR is a non-profit organisation incorporated in 2006 with headquarters in Cape Town, South Africa. The South African Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) established the Centre for Proteomic and Genomic Research (CPGR) with support from the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA).
With highly experienced group of scientists at CPGR, they have a commitment to finding technical and scientific solutions for all genomics and proteomics projects while adhering to strict quality control principles. As part of development, regulatory and commercial processes, the team uses modern, cutting-edge integrated technologies.
Centre for Proteomic and Genomic Research Bursary 2022
Students are invited to apply for bursary funding for the academic year 2022 from the Centre for Proteomics and Genomic Research (CPGR).
Bursaries are offered for postgraduate study (BSc Hons, BTech, MSc, PhD) in the following fields:
- Molecular/ Cell Biology
- Biological Science
- Genetics/ Human Genetics
- Medical Bioscience
- Medical Biochemistry
- Microbiology/ Biochemistry
Expenses of registration fees, tuition fees, and prescribed materials will be covered by the bursary partially or fully.
Under the conditions that the bursary recipient passes all registered subjects and abides by the rules of the CPGR bursary contract, students will be covered for the duration of the registered degree programme.
Students must work for CPGR for 1 year for each year of funding they receive after graduation.
Who should apply?
You need to meet the following entry criteria before applying (please note that your application will not be considered if you do not meet all requirements):
- South African citizenship is required
- Minimum age of 18 and maximum age of 29 is a must for the applicants
- An undergraduate degree is required
- In 2022, you must be pursuing or intend to pursue a postgraduate degree in one of the above fields
- In order to qualify, you must currently be studying or intend on studying at a South African tertiary institution that is accredited and recognized by the government of SA
- Application is open to students with disabilities
How do I apply?
Applicants are required to submit an online application along with supporting documents. Your online application must be accompanied by the following supporting documentation (you will not be considered if any of these documents are missing):
- Document of identification (certified copy)
- The highest qualification statement up to now for Masters, Honours or Undergraduate (certified copy)
- A certified copy of your address
- Certified copy of disability proof, if applicable
The last date of application is 28 February 2022.
Any applications submitted after the submission deadline will not be considered – if you would like your application considered, please submit it by the closing date.
Please contact the CPGR directly with any queries about the bursary program:
Contact at: https://www.cpgr.org.za/contact-us
If this bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other open bursaries for application.