The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research is calling on suitable graduates to send in their application to qualify for its 12-month Business Analyst Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Established in 1945 by the South African Parliament, the CSIR sees to it that the yearly grant given to the Department of Science and Technology by Parliament is utilized to fund knowledge generation, skills enhancement and scientific infrastructure. Other sources of funding comes from contract research for the private and public sectors (both local and overseas) as well as from royalties, dividends and licenses provided by commercial companies and intellectual property management created by the CSIR.
The Institute has shown substantial growth with its research output, added value to society and transformation of its staff all throughout its years of operation.
CSIR Business Analyst Internship Programme
The CSIR’s Business Excellence and Integration division is currently offering a Business Analyst Internship Programme where the incumbent will be primarily performing business analysis functions from a documentation and requirements perspective.
Under supervision, the Business Analyst Intern will need to:
- Understand business requirements including validating, modelling and translating these requirements into specifications utilized by software used by software developers
- Develop solutions in support of several business areas, affected components and integration points
- Work under general supervision compliant within clear accountability guidelines
- Collect and interpret business requirements
- Take part in designing solutions
- Prepare specification requirements
- Analyze and deconstruct relevant business processes
- Conduct process improvement and business analysis
- Assist with solution delivery during implementation and training
- Provide assistance during system testing
- Make sure proposed solutions are in line with all business specifications
Who should apply?
Only applicants who meet the prescribed minimum requirements are eligible for the position:
- Possesses a National Diploma in Information Technology, Business Process Analysis or a related field
- Background in systems analysis
- Knowledgeable in systems development life cycle including technical writing in the same area
- Must have work background facilitating and communicating workshops
- Knowledgeable in repository-based modelling apps and model-driven design
- Background in business process engineering and modelling using BPMN
- Must have background in business writing
- Must be familiar with data modelling utilizing entity diagram mapping
- Good grasp of repository-based modelling applications such as ARIS
- Background in quality management
- Knows the life cycle system development
- Knowledgeable in risk management
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to create an account on the CSIR recruitment portal to be able to apply for the position. If you applied before, just log in and apply. Click here to access the recruitment portal and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click “Apply”.
Deadline for applications is set on 28 October 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
For further enquiries about the internship, contact CSIR using the contact details below:
Tel: 012 841 4774