The Center for Scientific and Industrial Research, or CSIR, is inviting suitable individuals to submit an application and join its Data Capturer Internship Programme for its Pretoria facility. Check the requirements below to see if you qualify for this internship opportunity.
Established in 1945 by the South African Parliament, the CSIR sees to it that the yearly grant given to the Department of Science and Technology by Parliament is utilized to fund knowledge generation, skills enhancement and scientific infrastructure. Other sources of funding come from contract research for the private and public sectors (both local and overseas) as well as from royalties, dividends and licenses provided by commercial companies and intellectual property management created by the CSIR.
The Institute has shown substantial growth with its research output, added value to society and transformation of its staff throughout its years of operation.
CSIR Data Capturer Internship 2020
The successful candidate will be part of CSIR’s Smart Mobility Cluster and will primarily be responsible for conducting fieldwork, gathering, storing and processing data. Furthermore, here are the duties and responsibilities in full details:
- Perform data collection including fieldwork
- Utilize technology developed by CSIR in capturing collected data
- Perform end-user computing
- Carry out basic data validation and analysis
- Conduct a literature search and desktop research
- Write accurate reports
CSIR needs to fill five (5) slots for this particular internship opportunity.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these minimum requirements in order to be eligible to apply:
- Holds a National Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning or Road Transport Management, or any other relevant field of study
- Owns a valid driver’s license and knows how to drive well
- Knowledgeable with end-user computing
- Skilled in data capture processes with at least a 20 wpm typing speed
- Proficient in data management
- Capable of delivering results working independently or within teams from different teams and disciplines
- Good solution-seeking and problem-solving frame of mind
- Solid communication, writing and presentation skills
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements and wish to move forward with the application, click here to register an account to be able to apply on CSIR’s online recruitment portal.
Keep in mind that CSIR reserves the right to discontinue the hiring process at any time the company sees fit.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set of this time.
For further details about this internship, contact CSIR direct;y through its Recruitment Center
Phone: 012 841 4774
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the CSIR Data Capturer Internship Programme 2020 advert.
- How long will it take to complete the internship?
This internship opportunity runs for a period five (5) months.
- Where will the internship take place?
The successful candidates will be based in CSIR’s Pretoria offices.