The Center for Scientific and Industrial Research, or CSIR, is looking for ideal candidates to apply for its Nano Structured Materials Internship programme for 2019.
Established in 1945 by the South African Parliament, the CSIR sees to it that the yearly grant given to the Department of Science and Technology by Parliament is utilized to fund knowledge generation, skills enhancement and scientific infrastructure. Other sources of funding comes from contract research for the private and public sectors (both local and overseas) as well as from royalties, dividends and licenses provided by commercial companies and intellectual property management created by the CSIR.
The Institute has shown substantial growth with its research output, added value to society and transformation of its staff all throughout its years of operation.
CSIR Nano Structured Materials Internship Programme
The CSIR’s Nano Structured Materials Internship programme needs three (3) successful applicants who will be working within the National Center for Nano Stuctured Materials under the Chemicals Cluster. Successful candidates will based in CSIR’s Pretoria facility.
Here are the interns’ key responsibilities:
- Conduct chemical processing utilizing manufacturing of nano-structures as well as scaling up for a variety of applications
- Perform online and literature research
- Perform experimental laboratory works in line with research projects
- Learn how to operate lab equipment and follow safety compliance guidelines
- Provide assistance with materials/product characterization
- Collate reports including project documents
- Provide support in developing standard operating procedures
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify for the internship, you need to meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Holds a National Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- An Honour’s or Bachelor’s degree is an advantage but not a requirement
- Knowledgeable in report writing and research methods
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Solid background in chemical analysis making use of chromatography equipment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good team and interpersonal skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to do multi-tasking
- A consistent performer even under pressure
View the job advert by clicking here.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the programme’s basic qualifications will need to register an account to be able to fill out the application form. Click this link to get started with the application process.
Once done with the registration, log in and start applying.
Opening and Closing Date
Submit your application online by 25 July 2019. Late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted. Only short-listed applicants will receive feedback
If you have further enquiries about this internship programme, call 012 841 4774 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know more about CSIR’s National Centre for Nano-Structured Materials. by clicking the link below: