Danone, a French-based multinational food products manufacturer, is calling on suitable South African candidates who are interested in submitting an application to qualify for its upcoming Food Technologist Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year. Be sure to check the requirements and job responsibilities below before applying.
Established in Spain in 1919, Danone’s multinational brand line up includes Activia, Alpro, Actimel, Danio, Danette, Danino, Nutricia, and Volvic. Its regional or local brands in 2018 include Horizon Organic and Vega (USA), AQUA (Brazil), Mizone (China), Prostokvashino (USSR) and Olkos (North America) to name a few.
In South Africa, Danone is known for its health food products and are manufactured by its four businesses namely, Early Life Nutrition, Fresh Dairy Products, Medical Nutrition, and Waters.
Danone SA Food Technologist Internship 2021
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate are as follows:
- Demonstrate potential by working on live projects and assignments that are essential to the company while acquiring essential business know-how in the process
- Develop cross-functional expertise and enhance exposure by rotating to different roles within the department. This also allows the intern to gain extensive knowledge of the company’s day-to-day operations
- Monitor own performance against set KPI which will be reviewed on a regular bases
- Ensure continuous development through guidance from mentors and coaches
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy the following minimum qualification requirements:
- Currently pursuing final year of studies towards a BSc or Bachelors degree in Food Technology or Bio-Chem
- Driven, proactive and eager to understand the numerous aspects of different departments
- Punctual and highly organized
- Posses a good eye for details
- Not afraid of admin
- Able to commit to quick deadlines
- Solid communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to apply will need to register an account on Danone SA’s online recruitment page. Click here to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Danone SA Food Technologist Internship Programme advert.
- Where will it take place?
The Food Technologist Intern will be based in Boksburg Danone.
- How long will take to complete?
The internship will run for a duration of 12 months.