The Deloitte Actuarial Insurance Solutions (AIS) Graduate Programme is calling on qualified individuals to send their applications for the programme’s reopening in 2020.
Deloitte Africa is one of the largest, private professional service providers in the world with offices in over 150 countries staffed with about 286,000 employees. In addition, the company offers a wide variety of specialized risk and actuarial services to insurance and reinsurance companies in South Africa and in other countries all around the world.
Actuarial and Insurance Solutions Graduate Programme
The primary task of the Deloitte AIS team is to resolve business problems using advanced analytics and actuarial methodologies.
The AIS group is a specialized insurance and actuarial consulting team. As a member of this team, the selected candidate will be providing support in the following key areas
- Long-term Life insurance
- Non-life insurance such as short-term insurance and general insurance
- Pensions including employee benefits and retirement funds
- Data analytics
As a participant of the AIS graduate programme, the selected candidate will be reporting to the Partner/Senior Manager/Manager. The responsibilities of the incumbent include, but not limited to:
- Implement and manage project-based work
- Communicate with relevant teams to ensure everyone is on board
- Provide work progress reports to clients and management
- Manage deadlines and reports
- Determine areas of improvement in profitability and engagement success
The AIS Graduate Programme is for a full-time engagement. It is currently available in Deloitte’s Johannesburg and Cape Town offices.
Requirements or Eligibility
Only applicants who meet the following basic requirements may apply:
- A graduate of BSc Honours in Actuarial Science
- A graduate of Financial and Actuarial Science
- Knowledgeable in various MS Office applications
- Working knowledge in statistical and mathematical methods and analysis
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Interviewing and listening skills
- Good multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Can formulate strategies and think ahead
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly presentable and professional in front of a client at all times
- Diligent in providing results
- Can work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Eager to learn
- Has a good eye for detail
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the basic requirements mentioned above may apply online for the Actuarial Insurance and Solutions Graduate Programme via Deloitte’s recruitment portal:
Opening and Closing Date
No application deadline has been set as of this writing.
For further questions about the AIS Graduate Programme, send an email to:
Check the programme advert here: