Deloitte South Africa is currently processing applications from qualified applicants for placement in its Financial Services Advisory (FSA) group as a Valuations Analyst to qualify for the 2021 financial year.
Deloitte Africa is one of the largest, private professional service providers in the world. It operates with offices in over 150 countries with a staff of about 286,000 employees. In addition, the company offers a wide variety of specialized risk and actuarial services to insurance and reinsurance companies in South Africa and in other countries all around the world.
Deloitte SA FSA Valuations Analyst Graduate Programme
The successful candidate will become part of Deloitte South Africa’s Financial Services Advisory group, which works with corporate treasury operations and financial services institutions in terms of advisory services.
Composed of regulatory, risk and business practitioners with proven expertise in programming disciplines and financial modeling. This suite of services allows the FSA to provide its clients with sound solutions that seek to accommodate their business model and end-to-end strategic requirements.
As a Valuations Analyst for the FSA team, the successful candidate will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the further improvement, automation and affirmation of risk and financial models
- Conduct statistical analysis such as clustering and experimentation
- Carry out numerical valuation techniques such as derivatives and creating yield curves
- Contribute to developing industry-leading solutions as well as thought leadership
- Help out in establishing solid client relations and general problem solving
- Report to the Team Manager, including other managers in charge of individual projects
Who should apply?
Applicants who wish to qualify will need to meet these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Must be a graduate with an MCom, MPhil or MSc (Master’s), or Honour’s degree in any of the following:
- MSc Risk Analysis or Quantitative Risk Management
- MSc or Honours Quantitative Risk Management
- BSc Honours in Financial Engineering
- BSc Honours in Actuarial and Financial Mathematics
- BSC Honours in Quantitative Risk Management
- BSc Honours in
- Actuarial Science
- Advanced Math or Finance
- Applied Economics or Econometrics
- Computer Science, Data Science or Analytics
- Mathematical Science or Statistics
- Financial or Applied Mathematics
- Must have experience in programming languages such as Matlab, C#, R, Python, VBA or SAS is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech-savvy and eager to expand skills and gain more knowledge
- Able to interact within a team
- Able to innovate solutions to difficult and uncommon challenges
- Highly flexible – can easily adapt to ever-changing environments and requirements
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial requirements and would like to move forward with the application, click here.
Prepare your comprehensive CV for uploading during the application process
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For further questions and concerns, contact Deloitte SA directly at:
Tel. no: +27 (0) 11 806 5000, or
Access the company’s contact page and fill out the online enquiry form
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of Deloitte SA FSA Valuations Analyst Graduate Programme advert.