South Africa’s Department of Cooperative Governance is calling on suitable graduates who are interested in gaining work experience by applying to its Internship Programme offerings for the 2020 financial year.
The Department of Cooperative Governance, or DCoG, is primarily responsible for ensuring that all South African municipalities are consistent in dispensing their basic functions and responsibilities which include:
- Prioritize people and their concerns
- Provide support to ensure standard quality delivery of municipal services
- Promote accountability, good governance and transparency
- Ensure effective accounting and financial management
- Develop administrative capability and institutional resilience
Department of Cooperative Governance Internship Programme
The DCoG is offering a number of internship opportunities to South African university or National Diploma graduates who are currently unemployed and have not acquired relevant work experience.
These are the current DCoG internship offerings. Keep in mind that all GCoG internship programmes carry a monthly stipend of R6 083.75 and will conducted in Pretoria except Disaster Management/Fire Technology which will be held in Centurion.
- Public Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology (IT)
- Registry or Archival
- Supply Chain Management
- Financial / Management Accounting
- Local Government Management
- Internal Audit / Risk Management
- Disaster Management/ Fire Technology
- Office Administration
Who should apply?
The minimum requirement for all the internship programmes are as follows:
- Must be currently unemployed and university degree or National Diploma holders
- Must have no relevant work experience or intern work
In addition, applicants must satisfy the academic requirements of the specific internship being applied for.
- Public Administration – holds a Bachelor degree or National Diploma in Public Administration or Management
- Human Resources Management – holds a Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Information Technology – holds a Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Information Technology
- Law – completed BCom Law or LLB or BA Law
- Communications – Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Journalism
- Supply Chain Management – Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Supply Chain Management or Logistics
- Financial Management – Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Finance or Management Accounting
- Local Government Management – Bachelor’s or Post-graduate degree in Built Environment or Urban Planning or Honour’s degree in Municipal Administration or Political Studies
- Internal Audit / Risk Management – Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Internal Audit or Risk Management
- Disaster Management or Fire Technology – Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Disaster Management
- Office Administration – Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Office Administration
Click here to view the Department of Cooperative Governance Internship Programmes 2020 advert.
What is the selection process?
Applicants who meet the programme’s minimum qualifications will be considered. Only short-listed applicants will receive feedback about the status of their application. Applicants who do not receive feedback within six months of the deadline can consider their application as unsuccessful.
How do I apply?
Fill it out completely and accurately. Make sure to include your supporting candidate. Download the Z83 application form here.
Applications may be delivered by hand to:
Office C1, Ground Floor,
Block C, Phase 5, Boardwalk Office Park
Boardwalk Boulevard, Faerie Glen
or send it by post to:
URS Response Handling
P O Box 11506
For Public Administration applicants, email your application form and supporting documents to HRD1@ursonline.co.za
For Human Resources Management applicants – Email: HRD2@ursonline.co.za
For Information Technology applicants – Email: HRD3@ursonline.co.za
For Registry or Archival applicants – Email: HRD4@ursonline.co.za
For Law applicants – Email: HRD5@ursonline.co.za
For Communications applicants – Email: HRD6@ursonline.co.za
For Supply Chain Management applicants – Email: HRD7@ursonline.co.za
For Financial or Management Accounting – Email: HRD8@ursonline.co.za
For Local Government Management applicants HRD9@ursonline.co.za or HRD10@ursonline.co.za (postgraduate)
For Internal Audit or Risk Management applicants – email: HRD11@ursonline.co.za
For Disaster Management or Fire Technology – email: HRD12@ursonline.co.za
For Office Administration applicants – email: HRD13@ursonline.co.za
Deadline for submission of applications is on 13 September 2019.
If you have further questions about the DCoG Internship Programmes, call:
Tel. no: (012) 811 1900
or Mr M Buthane
Tel no: (012) 334 0629
Mr S Mweli
Tel. no: (012) 336 5714