The Department of Social Development is calling on suitably qualified individuals who are interested in joining its multi-discipline Internship Programmes for 2021. Don’t forget to review the minimum requirements and other key details about this internship to see if it’s a good fit.
Formerly called the Department of Welfare, South Africa’s National Department of Social Development is a government entity in charge of providing welfare, protection and social development services to the citizens. This is line with the DSD’s mission as it “endeavors to create a better life for the poor, vulnerable and excluded people in society”. The Department works to reduce poverty, further social integration, develop social conditions for feasible and sustainable livelihoods.
Department of Social Development Internship Programmes
The Department of Social Development’s head office in Pretoria opening its 2-year internship programme to graduates of the following fields of study:
- Economics or Statistics
- Records Management or Human Resource Management
- Public Management or Public Administration
- Human Sciences or Social Sciences
- Labor Relations, LLB or Law
- Youth Development
- Social Work
- Community Development
- Development Studies
- Accounting or Financial Management
- Food Security
- Network Infrastructure, Information Technology, Project Management or Computer Science
- Events Management, Communication, Marketing, Graphic Design Media studies
- System Development
- Population Studies or Gender Studies
- Information Studies or Information Science
The internship programmes will start on 1 January 2021.
Who should apply?
Applicants need to satisfy the following minimum requirements in order to be considered eligible to apply.
- An unemployed graduate or
- Currently, a student pursuing any of the above-mentioned fields of study
- Intending to study or already studying in a recognized tertiary education institution
- Have never been part of any internships from any government department or have gained exposure to work experience related to their field of study
How do I apply?
Those who are eligible and would like to pursue an internship position will need to prepare the following support documents:
- Comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of the following:
- Qualification or letter from the learning institution indicating completion of qualification an graduation date
- Copy of South African ID
- Academic transcripts
- Download and fully accomplish the Z83 application form
Submit the fully accomplished application form along with the support documents via post to:
The National Department of Social Development
Directorate: HRD and Performance Management
Private Bag X901
or hand-deliver it to:
Human Science Research Council Building
cor. Bosman and Pretorius Street
134 Pretorius Street
The deadline for submission of applications is set on 31 July 2020.
For more information about the internship programme, call the DSD directly by getting in touch with:
Mr Themba Nkolwana
Phone: 012 3127018
View a PDF copy of the Department of Social Development Internship Programmes 2021 advert by clicking the link.
- Is this a paid internship?
Yes, and as a paid internship, successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend amounting to R6,083.
- Where will the internship take place?
Interns will be based in DSD’s headquarters in Pretoria.