The Department of Employment and Labour is calling on suitable individuals who may be interested in submitting their applications for its Accounting Clerk Graduate programme intake for 2022. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility and competency requirements of the role if you’re planning on applying.
About the Department of Employment and Labour
South Africa’s Department of Employment and Labour is mandated to reduce unemployment, inequality, and poverty through policies and programmes created in conjunction with various social partners with the objective of striving toward:
- Enhanced economic productivity and efficiency
- Job creation
- Healthy labour relations
- Eradication of workplace discrimination and inequality
- Ease poverty through employment
Department of Employment & Labour Accounting Clerk Graduate Programme 2023
Based at the Department’s provincial office in the Free State, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following key duties for the duration of the programme.:
- Gather and compile financial transactions in the financial transversal system (e.g. BAS, Persal, safety-net, and Logis) for the entire province
- Perform proper record keeping
- Provide assistance with budget monitoring
- Ensure compliance with petty cash management guidelines
- Clear suspended and unallocated accounts before the end of each month
The successful candidate is entitled to receive remuneration amounting to R181 599 p.a.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Completed Grade 12 with passing marks in the following subjects:
- Business Management
- Experience is not a requirement but one must be knowledgeable of the following:
- Public Finance Management
- Treasury regulations
- Batho Pele Principles
- Financial prescripts and manuals
- Departmental policies and procedures
- Possesses effective planning and organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Sound analytical and accounting skills
- Must be amenable to a personnel suitability check including a credit, criminal, and employment record verification
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to download and submit a fully accomplished new Z83 application form. A hardcopy of the form is also available at any Public Service Department.
- Make sure your application form is signed and initialed
- Applications must show the reference number associated with the role which is Ref No: Hr 4/4/8/819
- Make sure Sections A, B, C, D and F of the application form are filled out and contain accurate information
- No need to answer Sections E and G if an updated and comprehensive CV is attached to your application
- Applications received through email or fax will not be accepted
Non-compliance to the above guidelines will result in the forfeiture of your application.
All applications must be sent via post to:
The Chief Director
Private Bag X 522
or hand-delivered to:
43 Charlotte Maxeke Street
For Attn: Sub-directorate
Human Resources Operations
The deadline for submission of applications is on 02 December 2022.
Feedback will be limited to shortlisted candidates. Applicants who do not receive communications from the Department eight (8) weeks after the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful.
For enquiries get in touch with Ms N Tokwe at (051) 505 6204.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Department of Employment & Labour Accounting Clerk Graduate Programme 2023 advert page.
Do not post queries if this internship opportunity is no longer available.