The Department of Employment and Labour is calling on suitable individuals who may be interested in submitting their application and qualify for its Office Aid /Management Support Service programme for 2022. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility and competency requirements of the role if you’re planning on applying.
About the Department of Employment and Labour
South Africa’s Department of Employment and Labour is mandated to reduce unemployment, inequality, and poverty through policies and programmes created in conjunction with various social partners with the objective of striving toward:
- Enhanced economic productivity and efficiency
- Job creation
- Healthy labour relations
- Eradication of workplace discrimination and inequality
- Ease poverty through employment
Department of Employment & Labour SAICA Trainee Programme 2022
The Employment and Labour department’s SAICA programme runs for a period of three (3) years and will have the successful candidate join the Department’s Compensation Fund group in Pretoria.
Reference no: HR 5/1/2/3/58
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct general external accounting reporting
- Complete and monitor risk management, auditing assurance, and Fund governance
- Analyze financial management as well as Management’s decision-making processes
- Monitor and analyze investment decisions and cash flow of the Fund
- Carry out administration tasks
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the following minimum eligibility criteria and competency requirements are invited to submit their application:
- Holds an Honours qualification in Accounting (CTA), NQF Level 8 or its equivalent for SAICA ITC eligibility
- Knowledgeable in financial management and relevant evaluation and monitoring platforms
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting principles and auditing standards e.g. compensation procedures and policies, and DoeL
- Background in the following:
- COIDA Act
- Public Service Act
- National Treasury regulations
- Public service regulations
- Labour Relations Act
- Basic Condition Employment Act
- Effective analytical skills,
- Strong problem-solving, financial and conflict management skills
- Sound risk and time management skills
How do I apply?
Download the new Z83 Application Form, and fill in the required information accurately.
- Make sure that the application form is signed and affixed with your initials
- Attach a copy of your up-to-date CV, all qualifications and academic transcripts, ID documents, and valid driver’s license (if applicable)
- The subject line of your email must show the correct title of the position as well as the reference number. Failure to comply with this instruction is grounds for disqualification.
Applications are to be sent to Jobs-CF21@labour.gov.za.
All applications must be in by 16 May 2022.
If you do not receive feedback regarding your application within eight (8) weeks after the submission, kindly consider the application unsuccessful.
For more details contact Ms. J Achary at (066) 044 4330.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Department of Employment & Labour SAICA Trainee programme 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available.