The Department of Forestry, Fisheries, and the Environment is calling on young and unemployed South Africans to apply for its DFFE YES Programme 2023 – Data Capturer (EPWP Reporting) intake for its Pretoria offices in Gauteng. See to it that you review the minimum eligibility criteria and skills/competencies requirements before applying.
About the Department of Forestry Fisheries, and the Environment
Tasked with responsibility of managing and supporting the agricultural sector, the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) is one of the key departments of the South African government. The DFFE is also responsible for making sure the people have access to nutritious, safe and sufficient food products.
Established in July 7, 2009, the department was then placed under the authority of the Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries at the turn of the year.
DFFE YES Programme 2023 – Data Capturer (EPWP Reporting)
The DFFE YES Programme 2023 intake for the Data Capturer role is a 1-year fixed term contract which aims to provide unemployed and qualified young South African graduates the opportunity to gain work experience. Successful candidates will receive monthly stipend amounting to R6 600. Keep in mind that the position is not eligible for any other benefits; successful candidates will need to cover accommodation, food, and transportation costs if necessary.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop and manage EPWP reports database from public bodies
- Gather monthly progress reports from the EPWP database
- Generate exception reports regarding received and captured data
- Perform reconciliation or reports received/expected from provincial public bodies
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a recognized 3-year National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree, or any equivalent qualification from a relevant field of study
- Preferably with 0 to 2 years work experience
- Possesses fundamental knowledge and understanding of EPWP
- Basic coordination and organizational skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate; knowledgeable with MS Office tools
- Amenable to working long hours and travelling (preferred)
- Able to produce great results even under pressure (preferred)
How do I apply?
Applications are to be submitted on a signed application letter along with an up-to-date and comprehensive CV. There are two ways to submit your application documents:
- Via email to EPWPSupport.email@example.com. All applications sent electronically must indicate the reference number of the internship opportunity on the subject line.
- By post to the:
Dept. of Forestry, Fisheries, and the Environment
Private Bag X447
- Hand-deliver to:
Erf 1563, Arcadia,
Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road
ATTN: EPWP Coordination and Reporting
Your application must be placed in a box marked EPWP SUPPORT: EPWP SECTOR
The deadline for submission of applications is on 6 March 2023.
For enquiries about this DFFE YES Programme 2023 opportunity, get in touch with:
Ms. P Masipa
Tel. no: 012 399 9739