Dis-Chem, South Africa’s largest pharmacy chain, is inviting qualified graduates to submit an application to qualify for its Admin Manager Trainee Programme for 2021. Check out the details of this traineeship opportunity below before applying.
As the operator of the country’s largest and most popular chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has 165 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. It has exclusive label products, sells online and offers a loyalty programme. In 2016, the company unveiled its plans to double its outlets all the way to 2021.
Dis-Chem Admin Manager Trainee Programme
The Admin Manager Trainee will basically maintain, manage and implement the company’s administrative procedures and policies; by complying to group standard operating procedures that safeguard the store’s profitability. Here is a detailed rundown of the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the Store Manager with tasks essential to trading routine and optimization of store operations
- Help out in managing goods in transit as per company procedures
- Provide support in managing branch shrinkage including consumables expense
- Help manage and facilitate HR processes, documentation and submissions in compliance with SOP
- Be responsible for the work force management system
- Ensure execution and implementation of performance management systems
- Manage store cash resources
- Ensure branch transaction integrity
- Help manage cashier productivity rates and service levels
- Provide assistance with receiving goods
- Assist with preparing budget and store maintenance
Who should apply?
To qualify, applicants will need to meet these minimum qualifications in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Completed Matric / Grade 12
- Must have at least three years retail background in capturing, receiving, cash office, customer service, human resource management, as well as store administration
- At least two years work background in management with a staff complement of at least eight
- Must possess work experience in retail store admin and management in the areas of till operations, capturing, customer service and cash office
- Strong English speaking skills
- Capable of interacting effectively with management, staff. reps and suppliers
- Solid analytical and time management skills
- Amenable to working retail hours
- Holds a valid driver’s license and willing to travel locally
- No criminal records on file
- Clear credit rating
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Basic management and IR training
- Good leadership potential
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to send an application will need to fill out the online application form on Dis-Chem’s recruitment page. Click here to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 7 November 2020.
Click here to know more about Dis-Chem Pharmacies.
- Where will the trainee programme take place?
The incumbent will be based in Dis-Chem’s SV-LG Division in Johannesburg.
- Is this for permanent position?
Yes, this is a permanent post within Dis-Chem.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem Admin Manager Trainee Programme 2021 advert.