Dis-Chem, South Africa’s largest pharmacy chain, is inviting qualified graduates to submit an application to qualify for its Admin Manager Trainee Programme for 2020. Check out the details of this traineeship opportunity below before applying.
As the operator of the country’s largest and most popular chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has 165 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. It has exclusive label products, sells online and offers a loyalty programme. In 2016, the company unveiled its plans to double its outlets all the way to 2021.
Dis-Chem Admin Manager Trainee Programme 2020
The Admin Manager Trainee will basically maintain, manage and implement the company’s administrative procedures and policies; by complying to group standard operating procedures that safeguard the store’s profitability. Here is a detailed rundown of the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities:
- Collate, communicate and report relevant information between department and store managers in a manner that promotes strategic goal consistency
- Facilitate and provide assistance during in-store external and internal audits
- Act as support to the Store Manager with reasonable duties within the trading routine
- Push continuous in-store improvement targets
- Comply with all deadlines and relevant procedures contained in the code of practice and complementary medicine file, code of conduct, SOPs and policies
- Manage products in transit as per SOPs
- Analyze and confirm manual purchases against the business unit
- Conduct total management, from e.g. investigation, planning and implementation to reporting of store inventories
- Make sure physical stock in storage facilities balances out with SAP inventory ledgers
- Take total responsibility of the company’a workforce management system including transactional management and master data management
- Be responsible for the implementation of performance management systems in line with company policies
- Effectively manage cash resources, banking and daily takings in line with company operating procedures
- Analyze daily takings reconciliation to turnover
- Ensure integrity of transaction of receipts, goods and outgoing returns within business units by effectively monitoring, implementing and assessment of compliance to internal control procedures
- Guarantee completeness and accuracy of bank transactions
Who should apply?
To qualify, applicants will need to meet these minimum qualifications in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Completed Matric / Grade 12
- Must have at least three years retail background in capturing, receiving, cash office, customer service and till operation
- At least two years work background in management with a staff complement of at least eigt
- Must possess work experience in retail store admin and management in the areas of till operations, capturing, customer service and cash office
- Strong English speaking skills
- Capable of interacting effectively with management, staff. reps and suppliers
- Solid analytical and time management skills
- Amenable to working retail hours
- Holds a valid driver’s license and willing to travel locally
- No criminal records on file
- Clear credit rating
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Basic management and IR training
- Good leadership potential
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to send an application will need to fill out the online application form on Dis-Chem’s recruitment page. Click here to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 13 August.
Click here to know more about Dis-Chem Pharmacies.
- Where will the trainee programme take place?
The incumbent will be based in Dis-Chem’s JJ Division in Roodeport, Gauteng.
- Is this for permanent position?
Yes, this is a permanent post within Dis-Chem.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem Admin Manager Trainee Programme advert.