Dis-Chem, South Africa’s largest pharmacy chain, is inviting qualified individuals to submit an application and qualify for its Assistant Manager Trainee Programme for 2023 at its Galleria – Amanzimtoti branch in KwaZulu-Natal. Interested? Be sure to check out the details of this traineeship opportunity below before applying.
As the operator of the country’s largest and most popular chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has 165 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. It has exclusive label products, sells online and offers a loyalty programme. In 2016, the company unveiled its plans to double its outlets all the way to 2021.
Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2023
The incumbent will be in charge of providing assistance to the Store Manager with the day-to-day operations of the store. This encompasses staff management, achieving store targets, inventory management and reports generation.
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Manager Trainee are as follows:
- Manage daily human resources admin tasks e.g. scheduling, hours of work and leaves
- Be responsible for managing the performance management process as well as ensuring personal development plan compliance
- Make sure orders are done regularly and stock levels are correct
- With the Store Manager and Store Admin Manager, help develop, coordinate and maintain stock takes twice a year
- Manage shrinkage
- Manage complaints and compliments from customers, ensuring timely response as needed
- Ensure merchandiser compliance to existing merchandising policies
- Make sure promotional displays and stock are planned, executed and managed
- Ensure all pricing, labeling and layout standards are complied with by the store as well as merchandisers
- Work to ensure store objectives are met
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy these minimum requirements in order to qualify for consideration:
- Completed matric or Grade 12
- With at least 5 years FMCG or retail experience in Admin, Receiving, Cash Office, Till Operations, Customer Service and Sales floor
- Possesses at least 3 years of supervisory or management experience
- Knowledgeable in MS Office as well as retail operating systems
- Amenable to working retail hours
- Preferably with operational knowledge in SAP,
- With knowledge of basic application of industrial relations and human resources
- A relevant FMCG or retail degree is a definite advantage
- Possesses fundamental financial knowledge in mark-ups, VAT, GP, etc.
- Able to interact effectively with staff, management, reps, and supplier
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Capable of managing subordinates
- Honest and trustworthy
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who would like to push through with the application will need to access Dis-Chem’s careers page to fill out the online application form. Click the link below to get started:
Apply online for the Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2023.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 January 2023.
Know more about Dis-Chem by clicking here.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2023 advert page.