Dis-Chem, South Africa’s largest pharmacy chain, is inviting qualified individuals to submit an application and qualify for its Manager Trainee Programme for 2021. Interested? Be sure to check out the details of this traineeship opportunity below before applying.
As the operator of the country’s largest and most popular chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has 165 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. It has exclusive label products, sells online and offers a loyalty programme. In 2016, the company unveiled its plans to double its outlets all the way to 2021.
Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2021
The incumbent will be in charge of providing assistance to the Store Manager with the day-to-day operations of the store. This encompasses staff management, achieving store targets, inventory management and reports generation.
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Manager Trainee are as follows:
- Manage daily human resources admin tasks e.g. scheduling, hours of work and leaves
- Be responsible for managing the performance management process as well as ensuring personal development plan compliance
- Make sure orders are done regularly and stock levels are correct
- With the Store Manager and Store Admin Manager, help develop, coordinate and maintain stock takes twice a year
- Manage shrinkage
- Manage complaints and compliments from customers, ensuring timely response as needed
- Ensure merchandiser compliance to existing merchandising policies
- Make sure promotional displays and stock are planned, executed and managed
- Ensure all pricing, labeling and layout standards are complied with by the store as well as merchandisers
- Work to ensure store objectives are met
Dis-Chem currently has openings for two different locations namely Port Elizabeth (Cape Town) and Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy these minimum requirements in order to qualify for consideration:
- Completed matric or Grade 12
- With at least 5 years FMCG or retail experience in Admin, Receiving, Cash Office, Till Operations, Customer Service and Sales floor
- Possesses at least 3 years of supervisory or management experience
- Knowledgeable in MS Office as well as retail operating systems
- Amenable with working retail hours
- Preferably with operational knowledge on SAP
- With knowledge of basic application of industrial relations and human resources
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who would like to push through with the application will need to access Dis-Chem’s careers page to fill out the application form. For Port Elizabeth applicants click here to access the application page. Durban applicants may apply here.
The deadline for submission of Port Elizabeth applicants is on 1 October 2020.
Durban applications will close by 1 January 2021.
Know more about Dis-Chem by clicking here.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidate will be based in Port Elizabeth or Durban
- How long will it take to complete the programme?
This a permanent position and not a contract-based arrangement
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2021 advert.