Dis-Chem, South Africa’s largest pharmacy chain, is inviting qualified individuals to submit their applications and qualify for its Cosmetics Retail Learnership 2023 intake at its Linden Lanes store in Gauteng. If you’re interested in applying, be sure to review the minimum eligibility requirements before doing so.
As the operator of the country’s fastest-growing chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has more than 200 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. To date, the pharmaceutical retail group has an employee count of more than 18,500 and is a recipient of various awards including Best Pharmacy Chain from Professional Management Review, as well as Best Pharmacy, Best Health Store, and Best Medical Supply Store by the Pretoria News Readers’ Survey and The Star Your Choice.
Dis-Chem Cosmetics Retail Learnership 2023
The successful candidates will be based in the cosmetics departs and will be working as Cosmetics Sales Consultants performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Help out with loading, off-loading, and unpacking stock upon arrival
- Handle merchandise with care in order to avoid losses
- Deliver helpful, courteous, assistance, and advice to customers
- Conduct product demos through makeovers spray activities and activities
- Manage damaged and expired stocks by following stock rotation procedures
- Ensure shelves contain a full range of products at all times
- Report price discrepancies, out-of-stock items, expired and damaged stock, and low stock levels to the management
- Manage displays and mark items in line with Dis-Chem standards
- Resolve customer complaints and queries
- Ensure accuracy of salon appointment bookings
- Reach sales targets for various brands and vendors
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of new and existing products and brands in the retail industry
Who should apply?
Applicants must meet the position’s minimum eligibility and competency requirements to apply:
- Completed Grade 12 or Matric with Maths Literacy/Mathematics and English
- Possesses a genuine interest in cosmetics and beauty
- Amenable to working retail hours
- Knowledgeable with MS Office productivity tools
- Preferably with previous work background in the retail sector
- SAP experience is a definite advantage
- Preferably with a valid driver’s license and has own transport
What is the selection process?
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Dis-Chem works to adhere to its Employment Equity Plan and policies in its recruitment process. Moreover, the company supports the recruitment of people living with disability.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to apply will need to fill out an online application form on Dis-Chem’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to access the page.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
If you wish to contact Dis-Chem’s head office in Midrand, Gauteng, call +27 11 708 9500.
If this learnership has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other learnerships open for application.