Dis-Chem, one of South Africa’s largest pharmacy chains, is inviting qualified graduates to submit their application and qualify for its HR-Payroll Graduate Programme intake for 2023. If you’re interested, be sure to review the minimum qualification requirements before sending your application.
As the operator of the country’s second-largest and most popular chain of pharmacies in South Africa, Dis-Chem has 165 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. It has exclusive label products, operates an e-commerce store as well as wholesale division. In 2016, the company unveiled its plans to double its outlets all the way to 2021.
Dis-Chem HR Payroll Graduate Programme 2023
The HR Payroll Graduate role is based at Dis-Chem’s Midrand head offices and will have the successful candidate provide support to the Payroll team with various general administrative payroll tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support with the management, update, and audits of all personnel records
- Attend to new hire onboarding
- Ensure employee documents are filed accurately
- Make sure employee name badges are ordered and distributed accurately
- Help out in processing temporary and new employee transfers, termination, promotions, and other services relevant to payroll functions
- Provide support with accurate preparation, sorting, and checking of leave forms
- Make sure employee data are accurately captured and processed in the HR system
Who should apply?
You need to meet the role’s minimum eligibility criteria listed below to apply:
- Holds a degree in Finance, Human Resources, or an equivalent qualification
- Previous administrative work experience is an advantage
- Knowledgeable with HR functions
- Good English speaking, writing, and reading skills
- Honest, trustworthy, and dependable
- Knows how to effectively handle confidential information
- Sharp eye for detail
- Knowledge of tax calculations and SAP Payroll is a definite advantage
- A South African citizen with no derogatory credit or criminal record
- Owns a reliable transport and valid driver’s license
What is the selection process?
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Dis-Chem works to adhere to its Employment Equity Plan and policies in its recruitment process. Moreover, the company supports the recruitment of people living with disabilities.
How do I apply?
To apply, eligible candidates are required to complete an online application form on Dis-Chem’s job application portal. Click the link below to get to the appropriate page:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
If you wish to contact Dis-Chem’s head office in Midrand, Gauteng, call +27 11 708 9500.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem HR Payroll Graduate Programme 2023 advert page.
lease refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are currently accepting applications.