Dis-Chem, South Africa’s largest pharmacy chain, is inviting qualified individuals to submit an application and qualify for its IT Internship Programme for 2021. Interested? Be sure to check out the details of this internship opportunity below before applying.
As the operator of the country’s largest and most popular chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has 165 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. It has exclusive label products, sells online and offers a loyalty programme. In 2016, the company unveiled its plans to double its outlets all the way to 2021.
Dis-Chem IT Internship 2021
The successful candidate will be based in Dis-Chem’s Midrand head office and will primarily be responsible for providing assistance with the management and design aspect of workflow automation projects. In addition, the IT intern will be supporting quality control and testing projects in Robotic Process Automation.
The duties and responsibilities of the IT intern will include:
- Working with stakeholders to implement RPA initiatives through designing and analyzing process workflows as well as developing, testing executing RPA solutions
- Check RPA requests from stakehloders
- Log manual business process prior to automation
- Analyze and transform manual processes into automation projects
- Perform testing on automation projects and get stakeholder feedback
- Conduct non-functional and functional tests on robotic processes to ensure functional and technical requirements are met
- Assist business teams with rollout and UAT phases
- Assist in modifying enhancements or change requests automated processes
- Resolve ad hoc RPA queries
- Direct/escalate unresolved issues to appropriate channels
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Possesses a three-year diploma or IT degree in a relevant field
- Development certification and knowledge of VB, C# or UiPath are an advantage
What is the selection process?
The selection of the successful candidate will be done in line with Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity policies in conjunction with its Employment Equity and Transformation Strategy. The company also promotes hiring people living with disabilities.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to access and fill out an online application form on Dis-Chem’s recruitment page. Click here to start the process.
The deadline for filling out the online application form is on 02 October 2020.
Know more about working at Dis-Chem Pharmacies by clicking here.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem IT Internship Programme 2021 advert.