Dis-Chem, South Africa’s largest pharmacy chain, is inviting suitable IT graduates to submit their applications and qualify for its IT Security Graduate Programme for 2022. Interested? Be sure to check out the particulars of this graduate programme below before applying.
As the operator of the country’s largest and most popular chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has 165 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. It has exclusive label products, sells online and offers a loyalty programme. In 2016, the company unveiled its plans to double its outlets all the way to 2021.
Dis-Chem IT Security Graduate Programme 2022
The main function of the role is to attend to the daily data security operations of Dis-Chem Midrand’s information security departments including patch management, cyber security incident remediation, and roadmap task implementation, to name a few.
Duties and responsibilities
- Endpoints and server patch management to maintain highest level of security for all critical systems
- Attend to the maintenance of security tools and tech
- Provide support with security platform/system rollouts
- Perform red team correction and exercises on mission-critical systems
- Analyze and coordinate data coming from various sources e.g. user authentication, intrusion detection alerts, firewall events, proxy logs, etc.
- Execute configuration and change control records involving IT security system events
- Provide support with security policy documentation and promoting activities and procedures that drive awareness to the importance of IT security within the organization
- Conduct PCI compliance, ITGC-related tasks, and other administrative duties as needed
*Note that this is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities expected of the position.
Who should apply?
- Holds a Bachelor’s or BTech qualification in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or System Information
- Preferably with a background in Security or Cyber Security
- Must be knowledgeable with common infosec management frameworks including ISO/IEC
- Full grasp of security principles such as Integrity, Availability, and Confidentiality
- Capable of making informed and timely decisions based on goals, facts, risks, and constraints
- Make sure service and product offerings are compliant with customer requirements
- Able to demonstrate a fundamental need to ensure quality remains uncompromised
- Adheres to deadlines
- Effective time management
- Able to perform and deliver results under pressure
- A South African citizen with a valid driver’s license and a reliable mode of transportation
- No criminal or bad credit record on file
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to fill in the online application form on Dis-Chem’s recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 18 February 2022.
Applicants who do not receive feedback from Dis-Chem within two weeks past the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful.
If you wish to contact Dis-Chem’s head office in Midrand, Gauteng, call +27 11 708 9500.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem IT Security Graduate Programme 2022