Dis-Chem, South Africa’s largest pharmacy chain, is inviting qualified individuals to submit their applications and qualify for its POS Graduate Programme Learnership 2022 intake in Midrand, Gauteng. If you’re interested in applying, be sure to review the minimum eligibility requirements before doing so.
As the operator of the country’s fastest-growing chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has more than 200 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. To date, the pharmaceutical retail group has an employee count of more than 18,500 and is a recipient of various awards including Best Pharmacy Chain from Professional Management Review, as well as Best Pharmacy, Best Health Store, and Best Medical Supply Store by the Pretoria News Readers’ Survey and The Star Your Choice.
Dis-Chem POS Graduate Programme 2022
The role is based at Dis-Chem’s head office in Midrand and will have the successful candidate provide functional and project support to the business and application maintenance and development teams for POS. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing functional support for POS, problem management, and relevant incidents
- Determining and recommending specific methods for functions in executing business activities
- Develop training materials and train users
- Perform quality assurance for functional system specifications and system integration
- Take part in test incidents and perform post-analysis
- Attend to queries regarding POS
- Contribute to identifying strategies for effective utilization of applications
- Optimize processing efficiency of system functions
- Delivering efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable service to stakeholders
- Build and maintain healthy relations with other IT/SAP teams and all other Dis-Chem stakeholders
- Work closely with IT/SAP teams and be proactive in seeking out workable and manageable systems
Who should apply?
To apply, candidates must satisfy the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Holds a diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any relevant field
- Proficient with MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as POS systems
- Responsible for own actions and a trustworthy team player
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills
- A South African citizen with no criminal or credit record on file
- An analytical thinker with keen attention to details
- Amenable to working beyond normal hours
What is the selection process?
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Dis-Chem works to adhere to its Employment Equity Plan and policies in its recruitment process. Moreover, the company supports the recruitment of people living with disabilities.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicant will need to access and complete the online application form on Dis-Chem’s online job portal. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 7 April 2022.
If you wish to contact Dis-Chem’s head office in Midrand, Gauteng, call +27 11 708 9500.
If this graduate programme opportunity has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate programmes, internships, and learnerships that are currently accepting applications.