Dis-Chem, one of South Africa’s largest pharmacy chains, is inviting qualified individuals to submit their applications and qualify for its SAP Administrator Graduate Programme intake for 2023. Interested? Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility requirements of the role before submitting an application.
As the operator of the country’s largest and most popular chain of pharmacies, Dis-Chem has 165 stores that generated a total revenue amounting to R21.4 billion in 2019. It has exclusive label products, sells online and offers a loyalty programme. In 2016, the company unveiled its plans to double its outlets all the way to 2021.
Dis-Chem SAP Administrator Graduate 2022
The successful candidate will be based at Dis-Chem’s Midrand offices with the primary function of administering the SAP system. This includes ensuring sustained reliability management, performance, and application support.
In further detail, the duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure system integrity and functionality by developing and compiling specifications
- Develop business requirement documents (BRD) with the aim of improving business and reporting processes within SAP
- Work with users to determine functional configuration requirements, facilitate process change requisites, and outline complex concepts
- Work closely with seasonal functional specialists to identify operational requirements and objectives
- Collaborate with team members in analyzing and proposing potential solutions in the SAP environment
- Administer changes, enhancements, and changes in configuration in order to correct errors in the master data
- Provide assistance with developing training materials, as well as training to users
- Manage, modify, and support SAP master data
- Record SAP solutions, specifications, and requisites in relation to transactions, technical functions, and operational procedures
- Provide assistance with developing complete reports, instructions, documentation, and training materials applicable to Dis-Chem’s business needs
- Support testing of new and existing processes and pinpoint defects that cause systems lag
- Check and ensure seamless SAP integration with other Dis-Chem systems
- Attend to, and respond promptly to SAP queries from stakeholders
- Engage Dis-Chem stakeholders frequently (verbally or in writing) regarding SAP matters
- Escalate discrepancies and unresolved issues to management
Who should apply?
To be eligible for the role, applicants need to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Holds a degree or diploma in:
- BCom Informatics/Information Systems
- BSc in Information and Knowledge Systems
- National Diploma in Information Technology (Business Applications)
- Completed Grade 12 or Matric
- Exceptional skills in problem-solving
- Sharp eye for details
- Able to effectively discuss facts and ideas in the most clear and understandable manner
- Responsible for own actions; highly dependable with deadlines
- Trustworthy and complies with company procedures and policies
- A South African citizen with a valid driver’s license and a reliable mode of transportation
- No criminal or bad credit record on file
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to accomplish an online application form on Dis-Chem’s recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 05 November 2022.
Applicants who do not receive feedback from Dis-Chem within two weeks past the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful.
If you wish to contact Dis-Chem’s head office in Midrand, Gauteng, call +27 11 708 9500.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem SAP Administrator Graduate 2023 advert page.